Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: 10 Oldest LOU Restaurants

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:06 pm

Carla G wrote:King fish predates 1965 at least although in a different location on River Rd.

C-J has had articles celebrating King Fish's 75th anniversary! Given that, you'd think they'd have put it in their original list?
Andrew Mellman
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:55 am

I can remember going to a Kingfish location on River Road with my dad around 1960. It was nothing more than a single story, concrete block building that was painted green. Would have sat, maybe, 50 people at the max. (As you go out RR towards Prospect, it would have been on the right hand side of the road someplace MockingBird Valley and Indian Hills Trail. At least that 's how my 5 year old kids' mind remembers it.)
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:28 pm

one place that's not on the list, but perhaps deserves special mention, might be Buck's. While Buck's itself only goes back to '92, the location has hosted a number of restaurants. There's a brass plaque by the door that mentions all of the restaurants that have inhabited that space. And the list is pretty long!!
Previous