Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Please, sir, may I have Smør? And a Maya Bagel too?

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:56 am

Please, sir, may I have Smør? And a Maya Bagel too?

What could be more traditional than an everything bagel with lox and cream cheese? The model at Maya is large and delicious, a breakfast on a bun.

Within less than a mile of each other on Poplar Level Road, two splendid new bakeries beckon the hungry pilgrim. Neither is a traditional Louisville bakery with its echoes of 19th century German immigrants, and that’s all right.

One – Maya Bagel Express – is turning out the best Louisville-made bagels I’ve tasted yet. The other – Smør Nordic Bakeri – offers a warm sense of Scandinavian hygge to surround its Nordic treats. We found our way to both on the same day last week, and I came home with a happy carbohydrate buzz that lasted for hours.

If you go – and I recommend that you do – both places are open only for breakfast and lunch; Maya opens every day while Smør serves every day but Sunday and Monday. ...

Read the complete article with both reviews on LouisvilleHotBytes,
https://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/smor-and-maya-bagel

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly's Food & Drink section later today:
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Please, sir, may I have Smør? And a Maya Bagel too?

by SilvioM » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:59 pm

I’m glad to know that it is legit to the NYers! It is definitely in my rotation now the BW has closed, great product and nice to know that is an independent operation.
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 am

SilvioM wrote:I’m glad to know that it is legit to the NYers! It is definitely in my rotation now the BW has closed, great product and nice to know that is an independent operation.

BW?
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 pm

Ray Griffith wrote:BW?

Breadworks, methinks.