Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sweet Surrender Closing!

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Sweet Surrender Closing!

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:06 am

According to the article just published my business 1st Sweet Surrender will be closing on December 10.

Here's a small quote from the story:
"Owner Jessica Haskell announced the closing through the cafe's social media channels Thursday. She said rising food costs and the tight labor market led to the closure.

"Through birthdays, first dates, engagements, showers, weddings, anniversaries, baptisms, holidays, and every kind of occasion life throws at us, it has been our greatest honor to serve dessert to the Louisville community," Haskell said in a press release. "We thank you for making us part of your celebrations year after year for the past 35 years. "And so, it is with the most bittersweet sorrow that I announce the upcoming closing of Sweet Surrender Dessert Café. The challenges of the current labor market, inflation, and the continuing pandemic created a perfect storm that we can no longer weather." "

Here's a link to the full story: https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... 2022-12-02
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Sweet Surrender Closing!

by Steve Shade » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:26 pm

Sorry to see it go. Good place.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Yeah, and Jessica is good people. It's disappointing, but I'm afraid her clear statement speaks for an awful lot of places:

"The challenges of the current labor market, inflation, and the continuing pandemic created a perfect storm that we can no longer weather."

I fear we'll see more.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:42 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Yeah, and Jessica is good people. It's disappointing, but I'm afraid her clear statement speaks for an awful lot of places:

"The challenges of the current labor market, inflation, and the continuing pandemic created a perfect storm that we can no longer weather."

I fear we'll see more.

You highlighted the exact reason I posted part of the article. And I certainly agree that I'm afraid there will be many more closings of highly respected restaurants around town.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"