Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Paradise Indian and American Cuisine coming to Middletown

by Rich S » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:52 pm

Middletown will be getting another Indian restaurant, in addition to Clay Oven and Hyderabad House. Paradise Fine Indian and American Cuisine is taking over the former Millions Crab space at 12951 Shelbyville Road. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of a combined Indian/American restaurant; I’m curious to see what the menu is like.

A Google search for “Paradise Indian Cuisine” turns up several restaurants across the country that are part of a chain called Paradise Biryani Pointe, but I don’t know if it’s connected to the Middletown restaurant.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Paradise Indian and American Cuisine coming to Middletow

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:15 pm

I guess we'll find out, Rich, and thanks for the report. I hope it doesn't mean "Indian made easy for Americans without weird flavors or too much heat"!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Paradise American-Indian Cuisine opened recently, and it does have a dual menu. It’s mostly typical Indian food, from chicken tikka masala to dal makhani; the “American Menu” offers a limited number of sandwiches, soups, pasta, seafood, etc. I wonder if the American options are aimed more at people having lunch, who may not want a full order of Indian food. Anyway, if you’re interested in having mozzarella sticks with your goat biryani, this is the place to go.

I can’t find a website, but there are photos of the menu online:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1 ... 1360-h1020

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:22 pm

Makes you wonder about their business model all right, but heck, I like Indian food enough to check it out. :)
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:49 am

I found a menu online...very odd to see beef hamburgers on an Indian restaurant menu. The inclusion of beef in the kitchen is going to keep some Indians out of this restaurant.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:12 am

I just found this website online that has their menu:
https://www.seamless.com/menu/paradise-fine-indian--american-cuisine-12951-shelbyville-rd-middletown/5420288
It's a strange combination of menu items to say the least. :)
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:49 am

Paradise is offering a special buffet tonight (Saturday, Jan. 28) as part of its grand opening. Maybe if it does well they'll have a buffet on a regular basis.

User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:37 am

Mark R. wrote:I just found this website online that has their menu:
https://www.seamless.com/menu/paradise-fine-indian--american-cuisine-12951-shelbyville-rd-middletown/5420288
It's a strange combination of menu items to say the least. :)

Wow. Strange, indeed. "All things to all people."
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:07 pm

Rich S wrote:Paradise is offering a special buffet tonight (Saturday, Jan. 28) as part of its grand opening. Maybe if it does well they'll have a buffet on a regular basis.

Supposedly they have started offering a lunch buffet every day but Mondays. Maybe we’ll hit it this weekend.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:08 pm

I went there this afternoon. They indeed do have a daily buffet now. The place is very nice and large. It has a bit of an upscale feel to it. There is a fairly large bar in the back that exceeds pretty much any bar that I've seen in an Indian restaurant.

The buffet is $14.99. There were no chicken wings, fries or pizza slices----just pure Indian! I spoke to three others guys eating there who were equally glad to see an Indian buffet. One of the guys said he's been calling around for months and finally found one at Paradise.

The fare hits all of the checkmarks as for variety--nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing missing either. They are still experimenting and are using chafing pans which are inconsistent in keeping things hot. The food was ok, nothing bad, but nothing outstanding. I didn't find anything to be savory.

I give them an "E" for effort. There was someone who brought out fresh (but barely warm) naan, the guy busing tables was on the spot (but the water was warm), and the guy who seemed to be the owner made his rounds wanting to know how things were and if the food was good. So it was a pleasant experience.

I would go back. And I am rooting for them. Like I said, it is a nice place. But I will also say that we had some pretty darn good Indian buffets in this city! I hope they follow suit.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:27 am

User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Here is a link to a local video review...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qDSfHp-aA