Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: We Will Never Buy a Penzeys Spice Again!

by SilvioM » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:12 pm

Mark R. wrote:I believe you were the one that actually brought politics into this thread.

I think that by including the email, where in the first paragraph you have "voting for Republicans is mean" (followed by many other things), is, from the outset, bringing politics into this thread.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:50 pm

Then don't buy them. Silence is golden.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:47 am

You are more than welcome to deny them your business, the way I refuse to cross the threshold of Hobby Lobby or Chik-fil-a because of their political and social stance. I believe that is one of the perks of living in a free country.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:49 am

GaryF wrote:You are more than welcome to deny them your business, the way I refuse to cross the threshold of Hobby Lobby or Chik-fil-a because of their political and social stance. I believe that is one of the perks of living in a free country.

I totally agree. If any retailer wants to use their public positioning to promote their political agengda then I will acquiesce and agree to either shop or not shop with them. I support NO Businesses that use corporate dollars or donations to strip away human rights. Gas prices and the economy will always fluctuate but the loss of civil liberties is the death knell for democracy. No Chick-fil-a, Hobby Lobby or My Pillows for me. And put me down as an avid Penzy's supporter.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous