Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Alchemy replacing Mercato in Norton Commons

by Rich S » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:25 am

Alchemy, the Venezuelan restaurant, plans to take over the old Mercato space at 10640 Meeting St. in Norton Commons. Alchemy has been selling its food on weekends out of one of the small “cottages” in the North Village Market at Norton Commons, but I assume the Mercato location will be more of a real restaurant. (Alchemy also has a food truck and a kiosk at Oxmoor Center.)

I’ve had food from Alchemy and enjoyed it, and I hope they have better luck at that location than Mercato did.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Alchemy replacing Mercato in Norton Commons

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:48 pm

Isn't Alchemy run by the same family that ran the short-lived Nahyla's in Middletown?

I really liked Nahyla's a lot ...
https://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/arep ... n-delights
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Isn't Alchemy run by the same family that ran the short-lived Nahyla's in Middletown?

Yes, the couple that owns Alchemy also ran Nahyla's.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:38 pm

I tried a beef and a chicken empanada from the location at Oxmoor Mall this afternoon and thought they were okay, but I'd like to sample at least one other dish before branding the whole enterprise as mediocre.

I try to avoid malls, but I was also dismayed at the disruption the Top Golf construction has caused at Oxmoor in closing off the entire back parking area as well as street access through the rear area of the mall to get from Oxmoor Lane to Christian Way.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:29 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:I try to avoid malls, but I was also dismayed at the disruption the Top Golf construction has caused at Oxmoor in closing off the entire back parking area as well as street access through the rear area of the mall to get from Oxmoor Lane to Christian Way.

I don't see losing that parking area as being a big loss since very few people parked there anyway. I believe that the street access across the rear it's going to reopen after everything is finished, if not it certainly will be a big loss for traffic in the area.

As far as Alchemy goes my feelings are much like yours but again I will need to go to the new location and try a couple different things before rendering a complete opinion.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:29 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:I try to avoid malls, but I was also dismayed at the disruption the Top Golf construction has caused at Oxmoor in closing off the entire back parking area as well as street access through the rear area of the mall to get from Oxmoor Lane to Christian Way.

I don't see losing that parking area as being a big loss since very few people parked there anyway. I believe that the street access across the rear it's going to reopen after everything is finished, if not it certainly will be a big loss for traffic in the area.

As far as Alchemy goes my feelings are much like yours but again I will need to go to the new location and try a couple different things before rendering a complete opinion.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:51 am

Alchemy apparently opened last night in Norton Commons. I can't find the hours or a full menu on Facebook yet, but one of the Facebook photos shows at least part of the menu, which is more extensive than what you can get at Oxmoor.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpanadasAlchemy
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:57 pm

In fact, click to "Menu" on Facebook and it looks like most of it might be there.

https://www.facebook.com/EmpanadasAlchemy/menu