Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Ramsi's Norton Commons closed

by TP Lowe » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:02 pm

per Business First today.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Ramsi's Norton Commons closed

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:09 pm

That’s sad. I hope the highlands shop will make it. Another pandemic victim, I guess? Or possibly an imperfect fit for NC demographic?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:41 pm

I think it's more of a fit problem for NC, it never really seem to get any traction out there and of course he did open it a hard time for all restaurants! I do a good bit of reading on the NextDoor app and nobody on there really seem sad it was closing! They have expressed great concern about some of the other restaurants I closed and everybody pretty much is in complete agreement that they would like Verbena to come back.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Robin Garr wrote:That’s sad. I hope the highlands shop will make it. Another pandemic victim, I guess? Or possibly an imperfect fit for NC demographic?

Every time we've been it's been jammed! We thought it fit with the NC demographic very well. . .

I seem to remember posts around a year or so ago (when it opened) talking about how the Bardstown Rd location was in financial trouble, and perhaps (if so) those troubles attached themselves to this one?
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:I seem to remember posts around a year or so ago (when it opened) talking about how the Bardstown Rd location was in financial trouble, and perhaps (if so) those troubles attached themselves to this one?

Sad, but that seems like a logical conclusion, Andrew.