Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

NOB

User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

NOB

by Steve Eslinger » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:55 pm

North of Bourbon, give this place some love! My wife and I just had one of the most outstanding brunches in ages at this newish (within last year or so) Germantown establishment on Goss just south of the Logan street split. I had the catfish and grits and she had the braised beef and grits and both were lick-the-plate delicious. Lawrence Weeks, the executive chef, clearly learned the trade in New Orleans so expect a cajun/creole spin throughout the menu. The décor is as pleasant as the food, with four oversized barrel-booths lining one wall and striking refurbished hardwood holding up the place. And as a fan of Kentucky's finest libation, I can say their bourbon list rivals any in town. I'm surprised this place has escaped the Hotbytes radar, but don't let that hold you back.
Oh, and don't skip the Frozen Kentucky Coffee; like our server said, it's like a Frosty, all grown up!
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: NOB

by Robin F. » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:17 am

I’ll jump on the praise wagon. I ended up following them by default on Facebook when Mr Lee’s closed and NOB opened in same location. Anywho, we stopped in for lunch on a Saturday and loved everything about it. I had the shrimp poboy, hub had the patty melt, and we were naughty with afternoon cocktails. All outstanding. Angela (Angie?), was a great and friendly bartender. Because it was quiet, we spent quite a bit of time talking to one of the owners. Great place, go to North of Bourbon!
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:47 am

"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Ah, that's where it was! I knew his name sounded familiar.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:46 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:I'm surprised this place has escaped the Hotbytes radar, but don't let that hold you back.

Thanks for the info, I've driven past it a few times, assumed it was mostly a bourbon place, which isn't for me. The several menus on the site are quite appealing. https://www.northofbourbon.com
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:03 pm

I absolutely loved Hillbilly Tea! I'll have to check this place out.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:59 pm

Noted that they will not give separate checks for parties of 6 or more and 20% tip added.

Often go places with two or three other couples. Not willing to deal with no separate checks. Would not go to a place that finds it to much trouble. Potentially a lot of money missed. Of course a place has the right to do this. No problem with the 20% tip.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers