Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Decca Closing

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Decca Closing

by Mark R. » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:49 pm

According to an article published in business 1st today they are closing permanently next month.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... 2022-08-12

From the article:
"Decca announced it will be closing on its social media, saying its last day is Friday, Sept. 23. The Mediterranean-inspired eatery is located at 812 E. Market St."
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Decca Closing

by Iggy C » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Aw man. Decca is probably my favorite upscale restaurant in town. This one hurts.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:49 pm

The loss of Harvest sometime back, Rye during the pandemic, and now Decca is changing the tone of NuLu. With El Taco Luchador replacing Rye, I think we're going to see NuLu getting a new look.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:14 am

I think Guacamole replaced Rye, so at least more of a sit down place than Luchador.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:50 am

Robin F. wrote:I think Guacamole replaced Rye, so at least more of a sit down place than Luchador.

Good catch, Robin, you're right. Still ... it's a massive come-down for my taste buds. I didn't hate Guacamole, but I can think of a dozen taquerias I'd choose first.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:30 am

Robin Garr wrote:The loss of Harvest sometime back, Rye during the pandemic, and now Decca is changing the tone of NuLu. With El Taco Luchador replacing Rye, I think we're going to see NuLu getting a new look.

Yeah, no doubt, the lose of Decca is negative by all accounts. But I think "NuLu getting a new look" is an apropos observation. La Bodeguita De Mima and Señora Arepa pack a strong 1,2 punch and are very popular. I had two friends from WV stay at the hotel next door in June and we had a late dinner at Bodeguita. The place is impressive.

The Hotel Genevieve across the street boasts a rooftop restaurant with a French twist--we'll see how that goes in a few months. It looks like the Tempo Hotel on Jefferson behind the Rabbit Hole is finally in the ground breaking mode as well. Meanwhile, the apartment/retail complex across from the Biscuit Belly on Main is pretty huge, advancing nicely, and should add a lot of life to that section of Nulu. The Everyday Kitchen and bar Vetti are new additions that are not fine dining per se, but quality food locations.

So yeah, getting a new look, but seemingly heading in a good direction.
James J. Natsis
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 am

Nulu is are go to neighborhood. We always hit the cellar at Decca for cocktails, but were never drawn to the food menu.

La Bodeguita, Bar Vetti, Mayan Cafe, and Guacamole are all excellent sit down spots.

Garage Bar, Feast, Royals, Grind, Galaxie, and Emmy Squared for something more casual.

Nulu Marketplace is fantastic, with West 6th, Gerties, and Torinos's.

Always hit Nouvelle for some interesting wine, beer, or cocktails.

I believe Corridor Bar just opened.

We always stretch a NULU visit to High Horse, Ten 20, and Cultured.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:44 pm

The Decca property went on the market for $2.7 million last month, and apparently there's already a buyer, although I don't know who it is. It just shows how much demand there is for property in NuLu.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:44 pm

Rich S wrote:The Decca property went on the market for $2.7 million last month, and apparently there's already a buyer, although I don't know who it is. It just shows how much demand there is for property in NuLu.

I wonder if the city will force the new owner to make the basement and 2nd floor accessible? I never figure out how Decca got away with not making them accessible considering they were very different compared to the restaurant on the 1st floor!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"