Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Popeyes

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Popeyes

by Richard S. » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:43 pm

Stopped at the Popeyes in Fern Creek this evening to pick up some dinner for me and my son. When I got to the window I asked the lady to check my order, because the last time I got something from there I was shorted some items. She pointed at the printed sign on the window and said, "That's your job." I'm not fazed by much, but I'll have to say I was a bit taken aback. I responded, "It's my job to make sure you give me what I paid for?" to which she said, "You expect me to go through your entire order?" It was two combo meals.

As much as I detest the politics of the Cathy family, I'm guessing that's why Popeyes had no cars in line and the Chick-fil-A across the street had 20.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: Popeyes

by Jerry C » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:10 am

As much as I appreciate the mobile orders of the fast food places (pre-pay with cc & not fooling with payment at the window)...I have been screwed at least 3 times by the Wendy's at the Buechel By-pass. The last time I was missing two items and when I brought it to their attention the young lady said "Oh, we were out of those...just log onto the app and select missing items and they will refund you".

When i arrived home not only without the 2 items, another item was the wrong sandwich!

Well, the app had no such option so I logged onto the Wend'ys website and proceeded to jump around and found a "contact us". Over the last 2 weeks I have contacted them twice without a word in response!

I'll get satisfaction one way or another...if you see a fat guy marching the picket line outside the Wendy's drive-thru lane, it'll be me!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 am

Jerry C wrote:I'll get satisfaction one way or another...if you see a fat guy marching the picket line outside the Wendy's drive-thru lane, it'll be me!

I'd through a few bucks in your bucket just to get to see that! :lol:
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:40 pm

Richard S. wrote:She pointed at the printed sign on the window and said, "That's your job." I'm not fazed by much, but I'll have to say I was a bit taken aback. .

I have a feeling that's the local franchisee doing that! We're in Chicago at the moment, and have carried out from Popeye's in Chicago and in Merrillville IN and no such signs, plus no problems in orders (one of which was long & complex).

I would write Popeye's corporate (or HQ) and complain.
Andrew Mellman
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
Richard S. wrote:She pointed at the printed sign on the window and said, "That's your job." I'm not fazed by much, but I'll have to say I was a bit taken aback. .

I have a feeling that's the local franchisee doing that! We're in Chicago at the moment, and have carried out from Popeye's in Chicago and in Merrillville IN and no such signs, plus no problems in orders (one of which was long & complex).

I would write Popeye's corporate (or HQ) and complain.

Andrew, I agree with that. The one in Middletown also doesn't have a sign like that and we've asked them to check the order several times and they've done it without complaining!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:17 pm

I've also seen a sign like that at the Popeyes at Preston and Gilmore, and at most Indi's. I sort of assumed it was to combat people coming in the next day and demanding free food or a refund because their order was allegedly incorrect.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:14 pm

Good luck getting the correct order at any drive-through in Fern Creek, except for Chick-Fil-A.

Yes, that drive-through at Popeye's is usually empty for good reason. More often that not, something is going to be missing or not what I ordered.

We just ran into the same problem at Captain D's in FC. Fiance has a thing for their lobster rolls, so I ordered an order of lobster rolls. Somehow they heard me saying "giant fish sandwich" instead of "lobster rolls." They don't sound anything alike. Get some new mics and speakers, people! Luckily, we've been burned so many times by this problem that we checked before we left the parking lot, so he went in to get his lobster rolls.

A few months ago I did order a giant fish sandwich and loudly specified NO TARTAR SAUCE because their tartar has onions. I got home and my sandwich had tartar sauce. I drove back and went in, and the cook joked, "extra tartar sauce on this one." I had told the cashier that putting onions in my food will put me in the hospital, so he told the cook to shut up. Allergies are nothing to joke about. I still owe several hundred dollars for my hospital bill in January (had to meet deductible so that one ER/hospital stay for 2 nights was over $1000) when Taco Bell put onions in something that wasn't supposed to have onions.

If your establishment is going to put me in the hospital because of undisclosed onions or because you ignore my clearly stated, "I AM ALLERGIC TO ONIONS" your establishment is going to pay my next hospital bill.

If Popeye's can't take responsibility to ensure orders are correct, then they'll lose my business. That one in Fern Creek is already on its second owner/management because the first one screwed it up so badly.

I don't agree with Chick-Fil-A's politics either, but at least they don't try to kill me.

/end rant
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:57 pm

Terri Beam wrote:I don't agree with Chick-Fil-A's politics either, but at least they don't try to kill me.

Terri, that sounds like a reasonable approach. :shock:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 pm

I've not had the problem with Popeyes but I tend to agree that it's an individual restaurant problem. EVERY time I go through the McDonalds in St. Matthews (near the Kroger and RR tracks) in the AM i am always shorted at least a sandwich. The error has never been in my favor else I could shrug it off and figure it averages out. And when I call (a couple times now) they don't care. It's shrugged off. ("oh, sorry." click) Other location are always pretty good but this one is consistantly shorting people. Like that's how they are making margins or something.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:08 pm

This stuff has happened so many times over the last two years, I now don't move an inch from the drive-through pickup window until I've checked and confirmed everything is right. Most of the time, it isn't.
no avatar
User

joe.muller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

by joe.muller » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:40 pm

It is for this very reason I refuse to use a drive through for any large orders. If it is myself I can just do a quick check in the bag before I drive off, but I don't want to go counting pieces of chicken, sandwiches, sides, etc sitting in my car. Just too inconvenient. I prefer to go in the resteraunt and check it before I leave.

To quote Joe Pesci from Lethal Weapon 2: "They F#ck You at the Drive Thru !"
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:22 pm

Carla G wrote:I've not had the problem with Popeyes but I tend to agree that it's an individual restaurant problem. EVERY time I go through the McDonalds in St. Matthews (near the Kroger and RR tracks) In the AM i am always shorted at least a sandwich. The error has never been in my favor else I could shrug it off and figure it averages out. And when I call (a couple times now) they don't care. It's shrugged off. ("oh, sorry." click) Other location are always pretty good but this one is consistantly shorting people. Like that's how they are making margins or something.

The solution for this is simple, when they hand you your bag just sit there, open it and make sure everything's in the bag before you leave the drive-up window! When they ask you what you're doing just shrug it off like I do.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:38 pm

We all have our own reasons for how we go about getting or making our food. I tend to get out of my car and get food inside in person. At times I've joked about getting VIP service when there is a line of 8 cars or so outside, and I walk straight to the cash register, order, and walk out expeditiously.

Of course, this isn't always the case. But now that most places (almost all) are open inside, and have organized their approach to on-line, uber deliveries, drive-thru, inside service mishmash, I have few qualms and much more enjoy standing among people inside, than trapped in my car in a drive-thru. Once again, to each his/her own.
James J. Natsis
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:48 pm

James is right...everybody has their own reasons for how they order. A mom in car with an infant in a carseat, a four year old year old in a booster napping and that drive through is looking pretty good.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson