Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Steak and BBQ

User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Steak and BBQ

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:44 am

Is there anyplace in town we can get steak and bbq (with both being good?) I have relatives in from out of town and that is what they want. (I know where I can get great steaks, and where I can get good bbq, but I'm looking for a place that has both and they're both good. Big ask, I know.)
Any ideas?
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Steak and BBQ

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:58 am

Smokey Bones in Jeffersonville is pretty much all I know of!. There are chain steakhouses that have ribs (Texas Roadhouse, Redlands Grill by Stoney River, Longhorn Steakhouse), and for specials some BBQ places do have steaks (on holidays several offer prime rib), but you'd have to do a lot of Net searching . . .

Smokey Bones used to be a Darden Restaurant but if I remember was spun off, and new owners now are up to 66 locations for the chain (sorry, it is a chain). It's neither the best BBQ in town nor the best steaks, but they have both on the menu and they are certainly adequate . . .
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

joe.muller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

by joe.muller » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:53 am

While neither a Steak or BBQ joint I have never ever been disappointed with the steak or bbq ribs at Raffertys.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:44 am

joe.muller wrote:While neither a Steak or BBQ joint I have never ever been disappointed with the steak or bbq ribs at Raffertys.

Good catch. Even if it is a small chain from my home town of Bowling Green!
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:13 am

Aspen Creek has smoked wings and ribs, along with various steaks.

https://aspencreekgrill.com/oxmoor-menu/
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:57 am

El Noche has great BBQ and carne asada. Another place that's neither a conventional BBQ or steak place, but they do those things well.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:24 am

Red Hog might also fit the bill depending on when you go. They have currently have smoked ribs, chicken, and cauliflower on the menu. And most everything else is cooked over wood.

http://www.redhogartisanmeat.com/
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:15 pm

Smokey Bones has five steaks, plus ribs (both baby back & St. Louis), brisket, pulled pork, pulled chicken, et al. I think it's a larger selection than any of the other (still decent) alternatives.
Andrew Mellman