Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Indian Restaurant

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

New Indian Restaurant

by Mary Anne » Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 am

Since COVID a lot has flown under my radar, but I didn't realize Honest Indian had closed for good...looks like we are getting another Indian restaurant in its place!
sankalp.jpg
sankalp.jpg (140.74 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: New Indian Restaurant

by Rich S » Sun May 15, 2022 11:43 am

I'd been wondering what was up with Honest. I've driven past it a couple times recently and it never looked open.

Looks like Sankalp, like Honest restaurants, is a chain based in India that has a few restaurants in the U.S.

https://sankalprestaurants.com/
https://www.sankalpusa.com/
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu May 19, 2022 2:30 pm

My wife and I had lunch there several times, but the last time we went they told us they weren't serving the South India dishes from the menu (including masala dosa). We ended up leaving and going to Shreeji.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 pm

We got carryout from Sankalp tonight. I tried the medu vada, Hyderabadi chicken biryani and the sarso saag (mustard greens). Everything was absolutely delicious — especially the chutneys that accompanied the vada and the biryani. Spices (not speaking of heat level) were really intense. I’ll definitely be going back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:15 pm

Iggy C wrote:We got carryout from Sankalp tonight. I tried the medu vada, Hyderabadi chicken biryani and the sarso saag (mustard greens). Everything was absolutely delicious — especially the chutneys that accompanied the vada and the biryani. Spices (not speaking of heat level) were really intense. I’ll definitely be going back.

Sounds like they've hit their stride! I guess I'll check it out, although it's hard to drive by Shreeji without going in. :)