Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mother's Day brunch

User

David Swanson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Mother's Day brunch

by David Swanson » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:36 pm

Can anyone recommend a place or places with a Mother's Day brunch buffet? Several years ago I took my wife and mom to Limestone and we were all very impressed. My (then) one-year-old ate three or four helpings of Chef Gerhardt's succotash! I'm hoping to find something like that.

This is one of those unusual years that Mother's Day is the day after Derby. I'm also curious to find out from those in the business whether this will have an effect on the whole Mother's Day brunch experience. Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mother's Day brunch

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:16 pm

David, buffets pretty much went away with the pandemic, and in my experience, they are only coming back in a very limited way. Plus, back-to-back Derby and Mother's Day is the definition of the Ninth Circle of Hell for restaurant workers, so I'd be wary. This might be a year to treat the mothers in our lives to a nice breakfast at home.

I'll gladly hear what others have to advise, but that's where I am this year.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:28 pm

The places I see that specifically state they will have Mother’s Day brunch buffet include J. Graham’s, 8Up, and Joe Hubers (which might not be quite the ninth circle of post- Derby hell :D ). Bristol says they are back doing Sunday brunch buffet but maybe at only selected location(s). You might check with Napa River and Selena’s. Selena’s did Easter brunch buffet so maybe Mother’s Day. If any of these appeal, suggest calling to confirm and getting a rez. If you can do without buffet setup, there are probably more options. Robin’s suggestion is a good one, though.
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Sun May 01, 2022 6:07 am

This might be a year to treat the mothers in our lives to a nice breakfast at home.

Echoing the stay at home idea, The Fresh Market does a cool at home brunch deal that is pretty great. Quiche, chopped fresh fruit, a pound of good bacon, and 4 jumbo muffins all for $20! For that price, buy freshly squeezed OJ for your mimosas and bouquet of flowers too!

I would be a bad sister if I failed to mention that my brother’s restaurant, Gourmet Provisions, will likely be doing a stunning carry-out on Mother’s Day.

Being comfy in some stretchy pants is a great gift for all mothers. :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun May 01, 2022 4:38 pm

Alexis Rich wrote:I would be a bad sister if I failed to mention that my brother’s restaurant, Gourmet Provisions, will likely be doing a stunning carry-out on Mother’s Day.

Matt Rich is your brother!? He's a nice guy. I like Gourmet Provisions.
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Mon May 02, 2022 4:00 pm

Yep. He’d deny it, though. :lol:

Turns out he’s not doing Mother’s Day after all. So, I don’t feel as bad about my post.