Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Carrabba's closing?

no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Carrabba's closing?

by Mike L » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 pm

I haven't found anything about this through Google search, but I heard a rumor that Carrabba's on Hurstbourne is closing. Has anyone else heard about it?
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Carrabba's closing?

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 pm

No, but I hope you're wrong. It's not my favorite but I like it a lot!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:25 pm

I haven't heard anything either. I believe Carrabba's and Bonefish still have the same corporate owner. I wonder if they'd close one but not the other.

Poking around, though, it does appear that the brand is in serious trouble. Lots of analysis pops up in a Google search. This one is fairly typical:

Carrabba’s Italian Grill
A restaurant chain owned by Bloomin' Brands, Carrabba's Italian Grill was founded back in 1986 in Houston, Texas. The family-style Italian restaurant quickly became a huge success and branched out all over the country with hundreds of national and international locations. However, customers have slowly been losing interest in Carrabba's. Bloomin' Brands has been steadily closing several of its underperforming restaurants, including multiple Outback Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill and Carrabba’s locations. In 2020, there are plans to close 43 more locations, so Carrabba's might not be around too much longer.

https://www.go-wine.com/restaurant-arti ... h%20longer.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:10 pm

It seems like overall the outback steakhouse brands have been underperforming recently. They closed the outback steakhouse in St. Matthews across from the mall last fall already. We really never did like going there very much although we don't mind Carrabbas or Bonefish.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:35 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I haven't heard anything either. I believe Carrabba's and Bonefish still have the same corporate owner. I wonder if they'd close one but not the other.

Poking around, though, it does appear that the brand is in serious trouble. Lots of analysis pops up in a Google search. This one is fairly typical:

Robin, there are (as you said) multiple sites like that, although the vast majority are click-bait sites (and those that aren't seem to have copied the "report" from the click-baiters!)! I've also found a couple click-baiters reporting (supposedly) that Bloomin Brands is going to put a lot of money behind Carrabba's this year . . .

Unfortunately, I could find not a single site I'd consider fully credible, so take the info for what it's worth
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Tue May 03, 2022 7:12 pm

The rumor must not be true... Someone would have found evidence of the Louisville restaurant closing by now.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sat May 07, 2022 10:26 am

We were there last night at the bar and it was busy (I know, Derby weekend). I wonder if it’s not Bonefish that’s going to close. The new manager at Equus/Jack’s used to work there and said it’s an under performing location. Same owner as Carrabba’s.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 pm

Robin F. wrote:We were there last night at the bar and it was busy (I know, Derby weekend). I wonder if it’s not Bonefish that’s going to close. The new manager at Equus/Jack’s used to work there and said it’s an under performing location. Same owner as Carrabba’s.

That's an interesting thought although in the past whenever we've been at Bonefish with friends it was packed, much more crowded than Carrabba’s. Of course the same company also owns Outback and they did close 1 of those recently locally. Actually closing Bonefish would really surprise me because of how few seafood restaurants we actually have locally. That's certainly a category we could use more good restaurants in, especially locals.

User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am

Every time we've been to either of them, they've both been packed. In the past, Carrabba's was open for lunch but I think a few years ago, they made it dinner only.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri May 13, 2022 7:02 pm

Christina, your post got me thinking if I just went and looked it up and they are actually open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday, I believe it also used to be Friday but not anymore.