Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Venezuelan food truck

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Venezuelan food truck

by Richard S. » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:41 pm

One of the perks of my Lyft driving career is that I see quite a few hole-in-the-wall restaurants, many of which I've gone back and tried. The other night I picked up an employee getting off work at the Pina Fiesta Mexican restaurant on Dixie Highway, in the PRP area near Waverly Hills. They also have a food truck in the parking lot serving Venezuelan food. I thought it was kind of odd, but the guy I was picking up told me the restaurant and the food truck are owned by the same people. I don't know anything about Venezuelan cuisine and didn't think to snap a photo of the menu, but sometime in the next week I'll swing back and try it.

That did give me a hankering for some Latin food, though, so I stopped by Las Gorditas tonight for some burritos and tacos. They're doing a roaring business. They had at least 15 tickets ahead of me. As usual, it was worth the wait.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Venezuelan food truck

by Iggy C » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:17 pm

There was a Venezuelan food truck operating for a while called Los Andes that unfortunately closed this year. Was that it, or is it a new one?
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Venezuelan food truck

by Rich S » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Richard S. wrote:One of the perks of my Lyft driving career is that I see quite a few hole-in-the-wall restaurants, many of which I've gone back and tried. The other night I picked up an employee getting off work at the Pina Fiesta Mexican restaurant on Dixie Highway, in the PRP area near Waverly Hills. They also have a food truck in the parking lot serving Venezuelan food.

I recently learned that this food truck is called Las Chamas. The menu looks interesting: arepas, cachapas, empanadas and some other dishes. I’d like to try the place the next time I’m in that area.

Also, I think Las Chamas may be moving into a bricks-and-mortar space just down the street at 8019 Dixie Highway. I don’t know when that’s supposed to happen.

https://www.laschamasfood.com/