Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Alton Brown - where to eat late on a Sunday night

by Kim H » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:11 am

Hey there! We're going to see Alton Brown's show Sunday evening at Whitney Hall, and we'd like to grab a bite after since we're late eaters. Any suggestions for places that are open late on a Sunday night? We/I don't want anything heavy. My first thought is Ramsi's, but thought you all might have some other ideas. TIA! :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Alton Brown - where to eat late on a Sunday night

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:49 am

Whoa, that's a good question, Kim. Sunday night? Mmm ... Ramsi's, White Castle, Spinelli's? Ramsi's sounds like a good choice. I'd double-check their hours too. I noticed that they didn't always adhere to the posted hours during the worst of the pandemic, which is excusable of course.

Watching this thread for other ideas ...
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am

Dragon Kings Daughter is open till 10.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Our go-to late at night for years was Varnese . . . menu ranging from sandwiches and heavy appetizers thru main dishes, all very good, but now Post-Pandemic they close at 10 (used to be midnight on Sundays). Bristol also has moved from a 2am closing to 9pm.

These days - even tho we prefer eating after shows - we end up eating before. We can park once at the theater (with a great parking spot and no traffic), walk to a dozen places with good food for an early dinner, not worry about a restaurant closing early due to staff issues, and have a relaxing time.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:04 pm

Ramsi’s is open until 11, supposedly. Some hotel places are open later and the 8 Up on top of the Hilton is open until 10. Not been, but looks interesting, has rooftop seating.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:48 pm

These are all great ideas, thank you! I never thought about the hotels downtown, and didn't realize DKD or Varanese had later hours. Great info, thanks again!