Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Senegambia International Restaurant

by Nathaniel C » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:28 pm

A friend and I had planned to grab lunch at Eden & Kissi today, but it appears Google incorrectly informed us they were open. We decided to see what was nearby and stumbled into Senegambia a few hundred feet away. This is a delightful "hole in the wall" small grocery that also serves a set, rotating lunch menu (they also have a separate dinner menu). Today's lunch selection was thiebou guinar, a delicious mixture of a very small grain rice, sweet onions, carrots, green beans, and corn, topped with three giant juicy chicken legs. I can't say I'm super familiar with the spices used in traditional African foods, but my friend and I were both very impressed. We ordered an entree for each of us, and despite being very hungry, we were only able to eat about 1/3 of what was in our respective clamshell containers. Really looking forward to having it again for lunch tomorrow. The person working the counter was extremely friendly. It's a pleasant surprise to find places like this in Buechel. Highly recommended!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Senegambia International Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Fascinating, Nathaniel! That stretch of Old Bardstown Road in Buechel is really an amazing international strip.