Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Senegambia International Restaurant

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Senegambia International Restaurant

by Nathaniel C » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:28 pm

A friend and I had planned to grab lunch at Eden & Kissi today, but it appears Google incorrectly informed us they were open. We decided to see what was nearby and stumbled into Senegambia a few hundred feet away. This is a delightful "hole in the wall" small grocery that also serves a set, rotating lunch menu (they also have a separate dinner menu). Today's lunch selection was thiebou guinar, a delicious mixture of a very small grain rice, sweet onions, carrots, green beans, and corn, topped with three giant juicy chicken legs. I can't say I'm super familiar with the spices used in traditional African foods, but my friend and I were both very impressed. We ordered an entree for each of us, and despite being very hungry, we were only able to eat about 1/3 of what was in our respective clamshell containers. Really looking forward to having it again for lunch tomorrow. The person working the counter was extremely friendly. It's a pleasant surprise to find places like this in Buechel. Highly recommended!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Senegambia International Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Fascinating, Nathaniel! That stretch of Old Bardstown Road in Buechel is really an amazing international strip.