Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bluegrass Supper Club

User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Bluegrass Supper Club

by BevP » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:09 am

I did a search and didn't find any hits with the subject and was curious if anyone else has tried them. We have done the Sunday suppers twice now and loved both times. We did week last with the Lemon Chicken, Augratin Potatoes, Salad, and fig bars. we skipped super bowl and did it again yesterday with Burgoo, Pickled Jalapeno and bacon Grits, Salad with Marinated Green Beans and a cookie Box that will last for a couple of days. This is supposed to be a meal for 2 but we have gotten 2 meals or more out of both. My son does most if not all of our cooking anymore so I feel it gives him a break.
If anyone does know you preorder from a set menu while supplies last and pick us is between 1:30 and 2:30 on Sunday afternoon on west Muhamad Ali, the old Jay's Cafeteria park in the back give a call they bring it to you. Vegetarian options are available
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bluegrass Supper Club

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Bev, that's really interesting. To be honest, I haven't been into meal kits for pickup, but you make it sound mighty tempting! Thanks for the report.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:37 pm

Whoa! I googled a little and that appears to be Chefs Coby Ming and Demaris Philips. Heavyweight crew!

https://bluegrasssupperclub.com/product/feb20-supper/

How much did it cost, Bev?
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:20 pm

The Classic meal for 2 runs 75 dollars while the Vegetarian has been 70 dollars. It may sound expensive at first but the quality and the simplicity makes it a value in my book.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:31 pm

We haven't done any of their weekend dinners this winter but we did their picnics all last summer and they were great! There should be a thread somewhere regarding them, I posted the menu from a couple of the meals. In addition the food being great the service was very good and Damaris personally brought the meals out to your car. Certainly a great experience that we will do again this year after my wife's foot heals and she can drive again. :cry:
by the way her an email I got today this weekends meal will be the last for this season, here's a copy of email I received them today:

"February 27th Sunday Supper!

Are you looking for a way to slow down, sit, relax, and reconnect with loved ones through the pleasures of delicious food?

At Bluegrass Supper Club we’ve got you covered with our Sunday Suppers consisting of weekly options designed to provide fresh, homemade foods that are comforting and nostalgic. Each meal feeds 2 people and includes conscientiously sourced vegetables and proteins, maintaining our relationships with our favorite farmers and purveyors to provide seasonally inspired suppers. Meals will be fully cooked and provided with simple reheating instructions. Are you having a difficult time choosing between the two meals? All items will be delicious and reheat fabulously for 4-5 days so it’s ok to eat these meals on other days.
Times are busy, hard and ever-changing and supper decisions shouldn’t add to the stress levels.

Winding down February and the Mardi Gras season, one of our favorite times of the year to use our regional products in a new light with New Orleans inspired dishes.

This is a great opportunity to celebrate our last Sunday Supper of the season as we highlight some of those favorite celebratory Mardi Gras dishes.

While we may be surrounded with heated debates, there's a very important one to consider: which do you prefer to eat with gumbo? Rice or Cajun Potato Salad? It’s a hard decision and really we think it best to keep trying and keep an open mind.

It’s also the perfect time of year to work on your Cajun French accent and wish this message to all the people that you love and care for.

Laissez les bon temps rouler
(Lay-say le bon tom roo-lay)

Flex your best Cajun French accent and live it up and now more than ever
Let the Good Times Roll
And call back with
Oui, cher
Yeah, you right

We look forward to feeding you.

Vegetarian Option:
Blackened Cauliflower Steak
Pimento Cheese Risotto Cakes
Tomato Sofrito stewed Lima Beans
Buttermilk Crispy Onions
Roma Gem Lettuce / Creole Mustard Caesar Dressing / Garlic Croutons / Parmesan
Praline Bread Pudding with Bourbon Hard Sauce

$70 per meal (feeds 2 people)

Classic Option:
Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo Ya Ya
White Rice
Cajun Potato Salad
Leidenheimer French Bread
Marinated Green Bean Salad / Muffaletta Olive Relish / Crispy Salami and Mortadella
King Cake Rice Crispy Treats

$75 per meal (feeds 2 people)

Pick up: Sunday, Feb. 27th from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Where: Chef Space, 1812 W Muhammad Ali Blvd, Louisville, KY 40203 (Park in the back lot and we will bring it out to your car!)

Please email hello@bluegrasssupperclub.com with any questions before purchase."
Last edited by Mark R. on Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 pm

I hope your wife heals soon, Mark! Wishing her well.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:27 am

(heavy sigh)
I miss living inside the 264 hoop (or 265 hoop for that matter) where things like this are available. I would so take advantage of this.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:10 pm

I live in Bullitt County, and I don't let geography stop me from much in Louisville. I grew up in Portland/ the West End of Louisville moved to Okolona as a young teen then Bullitt Co when I married so I am comfortable just about any where. It also helps I was a home health nurse for years. Oh and I do much of my shopping East of the Shelbyville Rd Hurstbourne Ln area :roll:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:27 am

Good for you! But driving home to Oldham Co. late means you have to drive through at least three, separate police department territories, most of which have time on their hands and ticket quotas to make. While I've never gotten a ticket, I've been stopped more than half the time and on one occasion, stopped 2 times in one night by two different departments. (might have been the MR2 I was driving.) It's a hassle I can do without. Never had this problem living in Fern Creek, Old Louisville, Hikes Point....
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson