Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

A trip to Jamaica in a takeout box from Eden & Kissi

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 am

A trip to Jamaica in a takeout box from Eden & Kissi

Meaty, oversize wings are meaty, charred, and as smoky as a four-alarm fire.

My friend Erica posted a Facebook challenge: “Y'all...look. This place. These wings. Go. Robin Garr, have you been here yet?” It came with a photo of a succulent golden brown chicken wing the size of a turkey wing, a tantalizing treat from Eden & Kissi.

That was last September, and I really meant to get right out to this little takeout spot in Buechel. But one thing after another got in the way. So here we are, 4 1/2 months later, and suddenly, with the Omicron variant hanging around, great Jamaican takeout sounded good.

I skimmed the menu – not as easy a task as you might think, but I’ll get to that – phoned in our order,, and headed for Buechel. A friendly woman handed over a giant bag of goodies still sizzling from the grill out back, and away we went. We got wings, of course, and I’ve got to tell you that Erica was right. I fought the wing and the wing won. In a very good way.

We got a bunch of other Jamaican goodies too – or as Eden & Kissi’s Facebook page explains it, “a fusion of Afro-Caribbean food with a French touch – and it was all good, just as praiseworthy as those meaty, smoky wings.

Eden & Kissi has a Facebook page but no website, Twitter, or Instagram. They post the day’s menu with photos around 2 p.m. every day. But these posts don’t show prices. GrubHub and DoorDash have menus with prices, but they don’t always fully agree on content or price, and I prefer to give my money directly to the restaurant anyway.

Should I have asked when I called in my order? Yeah, I might have learned in advance that our extra-large meal was going to fall a bit above the “cheap eats” range, especially with a comparatively grilled pompano on the menu. But hey, the food was delicious and the price was fair for what we got. ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/jamai ... eden-kissi

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly today.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/

Eden & Kissi
3914 Bardstown Road
384-9102
facebook.com/EdenAndKissi

Noise Level: There's no noise issue in the tiny, takeout-only spot.

Accessibility: The entrance appears accessible to wheelchair users.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: A trip to Jamaica in a takeout box from Eden & Kissi

by JustinHammond » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:15 am

This makes me miss Taste of Jamaica on lower Brownsboro. Going to have to check this place out asap.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: A trip to Jamaica in a takeout box from Eden & Kissi

by Steve Eslinger » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:36 am

JustinHammond wrote:This makes me miss Taste of Jamaica on lower Brownsboro. Going to have to check this place out asap.

You are not alone! I remember eating there shortly after I vacationed in Jamaica and I was amazed at how authentic it was. They even had callaloo. It was not a place for a quick lunch though, as they authentically embraced "Island Time" as well. :wink:
I definitely want to check this place out and see how it compares to Rooftop Grill, which I find good but not necessarily great. Jerk chicken and beef patties, yum.