Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

2 Mexican restaurants planned on Goose Creek Road

by Rich S » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:38 pm

It looks like two Mexican restaurants will be opening a block apart on Goose Creek Road.

Bandido Taqueria Mexicana will be at 2901 Goose Creek Road — that’s the former Long John Silver’s spot at the corner of Goose Creek and Westport Road. This will be Bandido’s third Louisville location.

Just south of Westport Road, a restaurant called Taco Madres plans to open at 2840 Goose Creek — the long-vacant building that used to be home to Soora Korean restaurant and La Perla del Pacifico. I haven’t been able to find anything about Taco Madres online.

And in addition to these two restaurants, I Love Tacos just opened its third location about a mile and a half away in the old Tumbleweed building in Springhurst. I guess you can never have too many taco places in Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 2 Mexican restaurants planned on Goose Creek Road

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Rich S wrote:I guess you can never have too many taco places in Louisville.

I noticed a couple of years ago that the number of taquerias in Louisville had surpassed the number of pizzerias. :shock: I think the margin has only grown since then.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Rich S wrote:It looks like two Mexican restaurants will be opening a block apart on Goose Creek Road.

Bandido Taqueria Mexicana will be at 2901 Goose Creek Road — that’s the former Long John Silver’s spot at the corner of Goose Creek and Westport Road. This will be Bandido’s third Louisville location.

Just south of Westport Road, a restaurant called Taco Madres plans to open at 2840 Goose Creek — the long-vacant building that used to be home to Soora Korean restaurant and La Perla del Pacifico. I haven’t been able to find anything about Taco Madres online.

And in addition to these two restaurants, I Love Tacos just opened its third location about a mile and a half away in the old Tumbleweed building in Springhurst. I guess you can never have too many taco places in Louisville.

Love Bandido! Glad they’re prospering.

And I wonder if Taco Madres is related to this excellent birria-focused food truck:
https://instagram.com/takonmadres?utm_medium=copy_link

I hope so, because they’re great.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Rich S wrote:I guess you can never have too many taco places in Louisville.

I noticed a couple of years ago that the number of taquerias in Louisville had surpassed the number of pizzerias. :shock: I think the margin has only grown since then.

My daughter lives in London and she sometimes scolds me for taking our abundance of Mexican restaurants/cafes for granted. They have Indian out the wazoo but when she and her husband come back to Louisville we spend much time hitting every Mexican place around. And White Castle. My very English son in law loves WC. (shrugs)
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:05 am

Iggy C wrote:And I wonder if Taco Madres is related to this excellent birria-focused food truck:
https://instagram.com/takonmadres?utm_medium=copy_link

I hope so, because they’re great.

Apparently they are related. I’ve seen the food truck parked outside the building on Goose Creek Road several times. I’m not sure if the food truck is actually operating there, though.

Also, Bandido’s Goose Creek location is finally set to open on July 5, according to Facebook. They’ve had a “coming soon” sign up for nearly a year.