Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Ethiopian Restaurant coming to Fern Creek

by James Natsis » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:04 pm

There is an Ethiopian "Bar and Restaurant" opening in the same plaza as Dakshin and Le Preferida at Bardstown Rd and Breckenridge. I noticed it last week but now they have a big colorful sign out front with the name Addis Ababa Ethiopian Bar and Restaurant. The inside looks mainly finished although nobody was there when I peeked in earlier today.

As a side note, that plaza is not going to win any architectural prizes. But mana a mano, it punches heavy with La Preferida (with a wonderful restaurant in the back), the International Store (Indian), Dakshin, and now Ethiopian. There is a Turkish store as well to the south side of the plaza behind the Dollar Tree.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Ethiopian Restaurant coming to Fern Creek

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks for the report, James. Geez, it's going to be hard to decide where to go when we head out that way!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:59 am

Addis Ababa is apparently open now -- there's a very positive review on Yelp. I haven't been able to find a website or online menu, though.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/addis-ababa-louisville
no avatar
User

Scott S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

by Scott S » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 pm

I look forward to visiting there. I wonder if it could be the same people who had Addis Cafe on 4th Street downtown pre-pandemic. I thought they did the best Ethiopian in town FWIW, and while I know "Addis" is probably in the name of 25% of all Ethiopian restaurants worldwide, it would be nice to see them back in the game and serving up great Ethiopian food again.