Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

Random restaurant memory- Sweet & Savory

by Jeremy J » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:06 pm

Do y’all remember that wonderful little breakfast spot? I hadn’t thought of it in quite a while but man I loved that place. For that matter I miss Cumberland brews and Parisian Pantry too!
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Re: Random restaurant memory- Sweet & Savory

by Kris Billiter » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:24 am

Yes!!!! We actually had our rehearsal dinner there. They were fantastic to us and we had a great time! Was sad to see it go!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Parisian Pantry was awesome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Parisian Pantry was awesome.

Gotta agree with that! Best baguettes and croissants in Louisville before Blue Dog too.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Jeremy J wrote:Do y’all remember that wonderful little breakfast spot? I hadn’t thought of it in quite a while but man I loved that place. For that matter I miss Cumberland brews and Parisian Pantry too!

Another on this same stretch, not mentioned in the last restaurants thread, was De La Torres. 1/2 block south of Parisian Pantry, a really classy Spanish food place that was (I think) run by a family from there. I'm not sure if anything comparable to that cuisine on the current food scene.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:06 pm

SilvioM wrote:Another on this same stretch, not mentioned in the last restaurants thread, was De La Torres. 1/2 block south of Parisian Pantry, a really classy Spanish food place that was (I think) run by a family from there. I'm not sure if anything comparable to that cuisine on the current food scene.

So true, Silvio! It was a Spanish-born chef and his American wife, I'm pretty sure, but it was certainly a trip to Spain for dinner, outstanding for food and mood. I miss it.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 am

De La Torres catered my wedding and I can't say enough great things about them! Great food and wonderful people to work with.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson