Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Millions Crab closed

User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Millions Crab closed

by Gary Guss » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:14 am

Both locations closed same day.. Not looking good! I think these crab places maybe saturated the market..

GG
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Millions Crab closed

by Rich S » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:33 pm

The Facebook pages for both locations say "the landlord has locked our door without an eviction order." I'd like to hear the other side of that story. But I agree that Louisville probably has more Cajun seafood restaurants than there's a demand for.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Millions Crab closed

by Rich S » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:22 pm

The owner of Shelbyville Road Plaza has sued Million’s Crab, saying it consistently paid rent late and didn’t pay at all for November and December, according to Business First. Million’s Crab doesn’t dispute the rent claims, but says the landlord failed to get a court order before locking it out of the restaurant. It also says it shouldn’t have been locked out of the Middletown restaurant because that’s a separate business with a different landlord (both locations have the same property manager, though, Hagan Properties). It sounds like a huge mess. The full story’s worth reading if you have access to Business First.