Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Vin Bun Vietnamese Bistro planned in Middletown

by Rich S » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Vin Bun Vietnamese Bistro will be opening at 12422 Shelbyville Road, across the street from the Kroger shopping center in Middletown. They put up a sign a month ago, but I haven’t been able to find anything about the place online. I suspect it will be several months before it opens; the space used to be a Subway, and it looks like there’s a lot of renovation work left to do. I’m hoping this restaurant turns out to be something like District 6; that would be a nice addition to the area.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Vin Bun Vietnamese Bistro planned in Middletown

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:22 pm

Rich S wrote:I’m hoping this restaurant turns out to be something like District 6; that would be a nice addition to the area.

Hooboy! That would be a nice addition all right! :shock:
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Vin Bun will have its official opening either March 4 or March 8 — Facebook and Google give different dates. NOTE: Apparently it will be cash-only until they get their POS system set up.

The menu looks fairly traditional and includes banh mi, pho, and some rice and noodle dishes.

https://www.facebook.com/VinBun-Vietnam ... 7742539810
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:10 pm

Rich S wrote:Vin Bun Vietnamese Bistro will be opening at 12422 Shelbyville Road, across the street from the Kroger shopping center in Middletown. They put up a sign a month ago, but I haven’t been able to find anything about the place online. I suspect it will be several months before it opens; the space used to be a Subway, and it looks like there’s a lot of renovation work left to do. I’m hoping this restaurant turns out to be something like District 6; that would be a nice addition to the area.

You had me at "Vietnamese Bistro will be opening at .... the space that used to be a Subway."
James J. Natsis
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:23 am

The menu looks encouraging - not too much like it in the far east end, I don't believe.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Rich S wrote:Vin Bun Vietnamese Bistro will be opening at 12422 Shelbyville Road, across the street from the Kroger shopping center in Middletown.

Same strip, but not the same space, as the successive homes of Peking City, Louisville Cafe India, and now Hyderabad House?
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:27 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Same strip, but not the same space, as the successive homes of Peking City, Louisville Cafe India, and now Hyderabad House?

Yes, Vin Bun is a few doors down from Hyderabad House in that strip of shops. And Facebook and Google now agree that today (March 4) is the official opening.