Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Highlands Hammerheads closing

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Just seen on Instagram:

Highlands Hammerheads would like to thank
everyone for the support over the last couple
years. We are sad to announce that we will no
longer be operating at our Highlands location. The
owners have decided to step back and focus on
the original Germantown Hammerheads location
for now. Thank you Louisville and we hope to see
everyone in Germantown!
@HIGHLANDS HAMMERHEADS
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Highlands Hammerheads closing

by Rich S » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:20 pm

That's a real shame. I'm sorry they couldn't make things work at that location.

That building, which I think is owned by the two guys who own Hammerheads, has been for sale since August. The real estate listing now says "sale pending"; I wonder if the new owner will put another restaurant there.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Me too, Rich! It seems logical to put a restaurant into a building that's equipped for a restaurant, but we've seen plenty of cases where that didn't happen. Deitrich's (formerly a movie theater) turned into a bank is about the most grievous example I can think of.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:46 pm

The new owner of the Hammerheads building on Dundee Road is something called Limon Holdings LLC, which seems to be connected to the owners of the Limon y Sal restaurant on Brownsboro Road. So maybe Mexican food will be returning to that spot.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:27 pm

I've never been to Limon, but there are a lot of appealing dishes on their expansive menu. I'd certainly welcome something similar.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 pm

SilvioM wrote:I've never been to Limon, but there are a lot of appealing dishes on their expansive menu. I'd certainly welcome something similar.

According to Business First, it will be a second location of Limon y Sal, with the same menu. The owners hope to open by the middle of next year.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Rich S wrote:
SilvioM wrote:I've never been to Limon, but there are a lot of appealing dishes on their expansive menu. I'd certainly welcome something similar.

According to Business First, it will be a second location of Limon y Sal, with the same menu. The owners hope to open by the middle of next year.

I reviewed the suburban Límon y Sal during Taco Week last spring, when vaccinations were setting in and I was starting to creep back inside restaurants again. We passed on their taco specials to order from the menu and liked it quite a bit. Probably didn't love it as much as some of the real taquerias, but for its genre I thought it was good.

http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/taco-limon-y-sal