Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Shortages and Covid fear foretell another bleak winter

by James Natsis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:28 pm

I wasn't quite sure which thread to pick up on, but I guess this is as good as any.

Amidst all of the negative that we've all shared and discussed in recent times, is some positive.

The wife and I had dinner at Simply Thai in St Matthews last Saturday evening. We've dined there a number of times over the years, but not since covid. When we entered, there were quite a few folks gathered around the reception area. Fortunately, they were almost all picking up orders via Doordash, Uber Eats, etc. So we were seated within 10 minutes.

The place was full, but not packed as we noticed there were a few less tables than in the past. There was one large party of about 20 college-aged patrons that had not yet been served (ah oh, potential red flag). That said, the place never lost a beat---silverware, water, beverages, hors d'oeuvres, main dishes, carry out plate, the check---all on time and on point!

We've always enjoyed Simply Thai as our Thai go-to place. Our experience last Saturday only reinforces that role.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shortages and Covid fear foretell another bleak winter

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:55 am

Good to know. Thanks, James!
Previous