Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Glenmary strip mall

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Glenmary strip mall

by Richard S. » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Picked up lunch today from Sala Thai in the strip mall in front of Glwnmary in Fern Creek. I noticed that the Sea Fresh seafood place next door is gone and Al Sultan Mediterranean Grill (?) is going in that spot. Sorry to see Sea Fresh go (it was a mirror image of Shark's Seafood in HIkes Point) but glad to see a Mediterranean option coming to the Creek.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Glenmary strip mall

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:18 pm

What do you think of Sala Thai, Rich? I've been there in two previous locations and liked them both a lot, but for some reason have never gotten over to this one.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm no expert on Thai food, but we've been semi-regulars there ever since they opened. The food's good and the staff is very friendly. They've still carryout only.

One minor critique: Their pad Thai used to include a vegetable, maybe bok choy stems, that added a crunchy dimension to the dish. They dropped that a few years ago and I miss it slightly. Not enough to keep me from ordering it, though.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:18 pm

I wonder if the same people behind Sea Fresh are behind the new Mediterranean place? It seemed like the owners were of Middle Eastern descent.

I love seafood, but for some reason I didn't go there very often, maybe because of the emphasis on fried everything. I do like some options that aren't fried, especially sides.

Sala Thai has always been good since it moved in. They do tend to go a step down on spice even when I ask for a 2 or 3 (so I wind up with 1 or 2), but that's something most Thai places do. Chicken Pad Thai and veggie spring rolls are my go-to. The food is always hot and fresh.

I wish the Glenmary area would get as many interesting options as the east end.