Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Taco City Louisville coming to Hikes Point

by Rich S » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Taco City Louisville will be opening its third location at 3085 Breckenridge Lane in Hikes Point (where MOD Pizza used to be, near Kroger). The Facebook post says it’s coming soon, but doesn’t give an exact date.

https://www.facebook.com/Taco-City-Loui ... 945555314/

It’s clear that the pandemic hasn’t reduced Louisville’s appetite for more and more taco places. I Love Tacos will open its third location by the end of the year in Springhurst, and it’s planning to open another in the redeveloped Galleria of St. Matthews (the building where the roof collapsed two years ago).
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Taco City Louisville coming to Hikes Point

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Rich S wrote:it’s planning to open another in the redeveloped Galleria of St. Matthews (the building where the roof collapsed two years ago).

Is something finally going with that building? The last time we went by there it was still empty and nothing was being done. I figured it would end up being torn down and we play for something completely new, is that not the case?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Taco City Louisville coming to Hikes Point

by Rich S » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:26 am

Mark R. wrote:Is something finally going with that building?

The Galleria property was sold earlier this year, and the new owner plans to rebuild it and add a second floor. I believe they're just waiting for the building permits to be approved.

https://www.wave3.com/2021/06/22/redeve ... ng-center/