Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

ATG Sandwich Emporium

User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

ATG Sandwich Emporium

by Ron Johnson » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:17 pm

This just opened in the space that was Another Place Sandwich Shop on 7th street downtown. AP was one of my favorite places downtown for lunch. I started going there in the 1980's. A few years ago it switched hands to some younger owners who had good intentions of updating it, but frankly, I missed the classics on the old menu. The new incarnation did not last. Now, ATG brewery has opened the Sandwich Emporium in the space. I went this week, and was impressed with how the place had been spruced up and better staffed. The new menu is an upgrade as well. A sandwich, chips and a beverage with 15% tip for take-out was about $17. On the one hand I feel like this is a bit pricey for a carry-out sandwich at lunch, but on the other hand these places need to pay a fair wage to get reliable and quality employees. So, I think that higher priced food is the new reality so that restaurants can pay enough to be sufficiently staffed. The wages for restaurant employees has gone far too long without a correction, so when it happens all at once, it is more of a shock. But, in the end market forces dictate. Anyway, the sandwich was excellent. I'll go back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: ATG Sandwich Emporium

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Thanks for the report, Ron. I’ve had high hopes based on AtG’s quality at Slugger Field. Good point about the new normal with living wages.