Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

What’s the critic’s favorite restaurant? It’s complicated.

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am

What’s the critic’s favorite restaurant? It’s complicated.

When you dine at Seviche, you need to try the trademark dish. Ahi tuna seviche, like all of Seviche's seafood dishes, features sustainable fish.

“What is your favorite restaurant?” “What’s the best restaurant in town?” As a frequent diner who writes about my experiences, I get these questions often.

My stock answers, though, aren’t as simple as you might expect: My favorite is probably wherever I ate last. The best? I won’t name one. I might name ten, but which ten? They change often. And that’s without considering the pandemic, the favorites that have closed, and new favorites still finding their footing.

In other words, to talk about my favorite restaurant is going to require a full column, because it’s like potato chips: I can’t do just one. High-end, white tablecloth, cheap eats? Down-home, world cuisine … from where?

So let’s break this down, and I’ll tell you about a bunch of places that I particularly like. ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/favorite-restaurant

You'll also find this article in LEO Weekly online this week.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: What’s the critic’s favorite restaurant? It’s complicate

by Carla G » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Loved this. Thank you. Always great to get info from someone “in the know”. :D
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: What’s the critic’s favorite restaurant? It’s complicate

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:38 pm

Carla G wrote:Loved this. Thank you. Always great to get info from someone “in the know”. :D

You're welcome, Carla! It's very much a personal list, so there's no harm in having different opinions. I might have come up with a different list myself on any given day. :lol: