Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Chik'n & Mi

User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Chik'n & Mi

by Jerry C » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Taking my son and his wife and daughter to Chik'n & Mi tonight. First time going for all of us...any menu suggestions?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Chik'n & Mi

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:51 pm

Jerry, I'm sorry the forum let you down. What did you get? I need to get over there for a visit. I had a disappointing experience at their old location and hadn't been back, but it's time to get over that.

My advice, not based on current experience, would have been to get one of the chicken options because that's their name, and to choose the Hot Jeaw Bong sauce because it's Laotian and so is the chef.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:36 am

We were really impressed with our visit to Chik'n & Mi.

We tried:
Apps- lettuce wraps with diced chicken; wood ear mushroom egg rolls (my favorite)

Entrees - Chicken sandwich (excellent); miso pork ramen (nice & spicy); chicken nuggets & fried brussels sprouts; 3 piece chicken with Bok Choy

Dessert - deconstructed key lime pie (all 4 of us declared it the best we have had)

Service was top notch!

We will definitely return!

BTW I called around 3 and got reservations for 6:30...glad I did ... by 7 they were packed inside and outside on the patio (not for me in 100+ heat index!)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:50 am

Thanks, Jerry. Very helpful review!
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:34 am

I missed this post, but you ordered well.

Lettuce wraps, eggrolls, nuggets, brussels, and cauliflower are always on our hit list.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/