Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Nerd out on Indian regional delights at Bombay Grill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 am

Nerd out on Indian regional delights at Bombay Grill

Bombay Grill's thrifty veg platter lunch special offers three curries, app, rice, naan, soup, and more.

Maybe I’m a nerd. Okay, probably I am. But I love discovering the geography behind what I eat. I can travel around the world in my imagination, sailing from continent to continent on a dinner plate. Or better yet, I can learn about my international neighbors by savoring what they eat.

Consider our delicious lunch for three at Bombay Grill. We didn’t just enjoy excellent food. We enjoyed the fare of India’s Chettinad, Andhra, and Chennai regions and more. To my mind, learning about the world food while I enjoy it adds real dimension to my meal.

No, the menu doesn’t include a map or all these details. You’ll have to bring your own search engine if you want to nerd out on Andhra, Chettinad, Chennai, Mysore, even Bombay, the huge Western Indian city that has shed that British colonial name in favor of Mumbai.

In many visits to Bombay Grill since it opened in 2008, I haven’t been disappointed yet, and there’s plenty to choose from: The two-page bill of fare is tightly packed with small print representing more than 150 dishes, helpfully categorized by type of dish or primary ingredient.

It’s all quite affordable, with a half-dozen goat specialties and an even dozen lamb entrees topping the price range at $14.99-$15.99. If goat and lamb are too meaty for you, nearly 30 vegetarian specialities are $10.99-$11.99; eight chicken entrees are all $11.99; and a half-dozen fish or shrimp main courses are all $13.99. ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/india ... mbay-grill

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly's Food & Drink section today.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/

Bombay Grill
216 N. Hurstbourne Parkway
425-8892
http://bombaygrillky.com

Noise Level: Even with a good share of tables filled, our booth by the front window afforded protection from excess noise. Sound measured around 74dB, the level of normal conversation.

Accessibility: The modern shopping center space appears accessible to wheelchair users.
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Nerd out on Indian regional delights at Bombay Grill

by Joel F » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:35 am

this is our go-to most of the time.

Gobi Manchurian? YES PLEASE
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:51 am

Definitely my favorite Indian spot in town. I should say that I need to do a deeper dive into the veggie spots on S Hurstbourne but as far as sit-down, full service Indian restaurants go, Bombay Grill is it for me.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 am

Heather, Shreeji on South Hurstbourne is definitely worth visiting. Quick service, street-food dishes mostly different from what you'll find in the sit-down Indian restaurants. Honest Indian in that same neighborhood is good too, but I like Shreeji better. And wasn't the Eggholic Indian egg place was supposed to open in the same neighborhood, but the website still says coming soon. Harrumph.

Anyway, Bombay Grill is definitely one of my favorites, although I really like Tikka House too. And Clay Oven! And DakShin is great although a little out of the way for me. Taj India is pretty good. Shalimar ... really Kashmir is the only one that doesn't excite me too much. Did I mention that I love Indian food?