Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wofgang Puck's at the KICC

no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

Wofgang Puck's at the KICC

by Laura B » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 am

Has anyone tried this place out yet :?:
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm

I intended to so I could report, but I haven't left the building in days.... :cry:
no avatar
User

SusieLeiper

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:03 pm

by SusieLeiper » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Derek, a clerk at the Kinko's across the street from WP told me, "I had a burger there today. It was amazing!"
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:33 pm

I was actually about to post something...

My mom works at the KICC, and WP opened their restaurant for the staff during lunch and dinner last week. My mom and her co-workers were very impressed! The lunch of a cobb salad on garlic herb bread was very good. The bread was a nice complement to the crisp greens and salmon on top. She also had a savory tortilla soup, and she said the oven-roasted vegetables were phenomenal. She also mentioned that the prices were much more reasonable than she thought they'd be.

You can view the menu here

BTW...for those who read the thread I posted earlier on lunch spots...my mom said she used to eat at the Delta Restaurant when she worked downtown nearly 30 years ago!
no avatar
User

John W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:30 am

Highlands

Cold Mac and cheese

by John W » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 pm

We went there with the crew earlier this week. It was pretty good. Not crowded at all, surprisingly for a new restaurant.

I got the Macaroni and Cheese, which was spectacular, but it was cold in the middle...yow! They gladly re-heated it, and I really enjoyed it.
LouisvilleBeer.com
Louisville's Online Craft Beer Desination.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 am

Went tonight before Actor's.

It's a QSR place - order from cashier, pay, and they fetch the food to you when cooked. Limited menu, mainly sandwich/salads/pizzas. The rotiss. chicken isn't here yet. Surprisingly reasonable prices, quality average, still shaking down (the HQ trainers leave after Saturday).

We had three different salads, and one sandwich. Salads tended to be over-dressed (too much dressing), and salmon was overcooked, but all were very large (full meal size), didn't skimp on flavor & seasonings, served over herb thin pizza, and none of us could finish the plates. Cost was around $10 (one at $8.75, and two just over $10). The sandwich (a veggie) was large and good, but pre-proportioned (one could not omit one of the vegetables) and possibly brought in frozen (the roasted veges).

Service was too good . . . both local servers, trainers, and HQ staff came by every 5 minutes to check, refill drinks, et al. This should calm down shortly, however.

We would go back. It is not as nice as Bistro 301 across the street, but still a step up from the Spaghetti Factory (diagonally across). It's really more of a good, relatively quick, affordable lunch place.

We've been to the Puck-owned "original" in LA (one of the three that he owns, not a franchisee), and thought this compared very favorably! Main differences were that in Louisville they had a burger, and also had large pizzas (not just single serving sizes).
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks everyone! :)
When in doubt, add more wine.