Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Del Frisco’s

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Del Frisco’s

by Robin F. » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Has anyone been to the new location? We live very close now and we’d like to bar sit/eat if they have a modified menu for the bar (just can’t do a $50 steak on a Wednesday). I sent them a FB message, no response. Hub tried calling (5:00 pm on Saturday) no answer. Any insight?
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Del Frisco’s

by Nathaniel C » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm

I seem to recall a post here about them liberalizing the COVID "six feet apart" requirement to mean that the center of each table could sit six feet apart from the center of the adjacent table.

My family and I went to the old location, pre-COVID, and between us ordered chicken, steak, and pork, and none of the meat was good. We decided never to go back, which was only solidified after reading the commentary about the table spacing during the pandemic.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:05 pm

I haven't been and don't know anyone who has, but that failure to respond to email and a call doesn't speak well to their customer service mentality.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...failure to respond to email and a call doesn't speak well to their customer service mentality.

I don’t disagree but I’m still in the mode of cutting slack to restaurants and servers in these post-pandemic and current staffing-issue times. I would try a call again at a traditionally non-busy time or just stop by and see what you find. It’s going to take a while to get past the former administration’s incompetence.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Good point, Jay. Thanks.