Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

"All Restaurants are Taco Bell" (A Rant)

by Terri Beam » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:16 pm

There is seemingly more evidence that the movie Demolition Man was prescient.

At 5414 Bardstown Road, there's been so many different restaurants. It was apparently a Pizza Hut before I moved to Fern Creek. At some point, it became The Smokehouse BBQ, and when that establishment moved out, a Mexican place called El Vaquero moved in.

Recently I noticed that entire building had been demolished and a plastic banner posted stating "Taco Bell Coming Soon."

Cue "womp womp" noise from yours truly. Unless there are plans to abandon the TB in the Cedar Springs shopping center (I have heard NO rumors to that effect), that would mean there will be two TBs 1.8 miles apart. There's at least 3 miles between the Buechel and Fern Creek McD's, and yet we have to have two TBs in the 40291? That is a terrible location for a drive-through for people needing to make a left turn to go north on Bardstown Road too!

While I see restauranteurs more than willing to invest in other parts of town, Fern Creek continues to succumb to mediocre chains. I was willing to celebrate Panera's arrival because I cannot get their plum ginger hibiscus tea anywhere else, but c'mon! We need more than fried chicken, Bud Lite, (and apparently) Taco Bell out here!

/rant
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: "All Restaurants are Taco Bell" (A Rant)

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Well ranted, Terri! Sorry about the bad news. :(
no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Don't forget there is also a Taco bell in the Bashford Manor area...so 3 in a 3 mile stretch.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Terri Beam wrote:There is seemingly more evidence that the movie Demolition Man was prescient.

At 5414 Bardstown Road, there's been so many different restaurants. It was apparently a Pizza Hut before I moved to Fern Creek. At some point, it became The Smokehouse BBQ, and when that establishment moved out, a Mexican place called El Vaquero moved in.

Recently I noticed that entire building had been demolished and a plastic banner posted stating "Taco Bell Coming Soon."

Cue "womp womp" noise from yours truly. Unless there are plans to abandon the TB in the Cedar Springs shopping center (I have heard NO rumors to that effect), that would mean there will be two TBs 1.8 miles apart. There's at least 3 miles between the Buechel and Fern Creek McD's, and yet we have to have two TBs in the 40291? That is a terrible location for a drive-through for people needing to make a left turn to go north on Bardstown Road too!

While I see restauranteurs more than willing to invest in other parts of town, Fern Creek continues to succumb to mediocre chains. I was willing to celebrate Panera's arrival because I cannot get their plum ginger hibiscus tea anywhere else, but c'mon! We need more than fried chicken, Bud Lite, (and apparently) Taco Bell out here!

/rant

Dang, I was hoping we'd get a 5th carwash along that stretch!
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Dang, I was hoping we'd get a 5th carwash along that stretch!

Yeah, they really need one on that side of the street!
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:53 pm

James Natsis wrote:Dang, I was hoping we'd get a 5th carwash along that stretch!

Does that include the one next door to Ashley's Service (former gas station)? I've seen entire office buildings constructed in the time that this one tiny car wash has taken.

Oh, and don't get me started on the umpteenth mini-warehouse place that opened on the corner of Watterson Trail and Bardstown Road. I talked to someone on city council about that and heard that homeless people have been living there and polluting the place because the owners can't/won't finish and open it.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:54 pm

James Natsis wrote:Dang, I was hoping we'd get a 5th carwash along that stretch!

Does that include the one next door to Ashley's Service (former gas station)? I've seen entire office buildings constructed in the time that this one tiny car wash has taken.

Oh, and don't get me started on the umpteenth mini-warehouse place that opened on the corner of Watterson Trail and Bardstown Road. I talked to someone on city council about that and heard that homeless people have been living there and polluting the place because the owners can't/won't finish and open it. We need more mini-warehouses in Fern Creek as much as we need more Walgreens and Taco Bells.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:26 pm

Went out to dinner this evening and stopped at the Cedar Creek Taco Bell on the way home to pick up something for my son. The person at the window said that one would remain open and some employees would be working at both locations. Not sure the company would keep staff informed about what their plans were, though.