Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Eden & Kissi

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Eden & Kissi

by Nathaniel C » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Was headed to try Kathmandu with a friend this evening--neither of us had ever been. What looked like a secondary parking lot was actually inaccessible from Bradford Drive, so I circled the block. While we were waiting at the red light, my passenger spotted a Caribbean place, and we changed course to give it a try.

It's a family owned local business with super friendly people behind the counter. I got a jerk chicken taco, which was very large, and she got the jerk chicken pita, which was massive. Both came with small bags of chips. It's been a very long time since I've had authentic jerk chicken, and this did not disappoint. It's a very unique blend of spices which combine to create a umami that reminds me of bacon. There was a ton of flavor without a lot of heat in the chicken itself, however, they also provide a trio of dipping sauces to customize the dish to your liking. The barbecue sauce wasn't quite what I was looking for. There was a green sauce that I don't really remember, either, because... the habanero sauce is easily the best I've ever tasted! The person who helped us said his mother made all the sauces. My friend particularly liked the fried plantains which are included on the pita.

They also have homemade hibiscus and ginger juices and have a variety of side dishes, including vegetarian options. It looks like they also sell crepes--unfortunately, we didn't get to sample those. There are also rotating daily specials. It appears they have a partial menu available for delivery via Uber Eats and other delivery services. Two entrees with one hibiscus drink and a 30% tip came to around $30. Outstanding--five out of five stars, will be back again.