Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Uptown Cafe re-opening July 12

by Mike L » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:16 pm

They announced it on their Facebook page... Re-opening Monday, July 12.

Here's a link to the new menu:

https://www.uptownlouisville.com/menus/ ... aRdJ3h8Nak
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Uptown Cafe re-opening July 12

by Mike D » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Without planning, we stopped by there tonight at around 5:15 (without a reservation, of course).

They were fully booked with reservations. I was glad to hear that. We snagged a high top table in the bar. Lots of familiar dishes on the menu and some interesting new ones. My spouse had the grilled salmon (a long-time favorite of hers and it didn't disappoint) and I tried what I think is a new dish, curried rice noodles with tofu, broccoli, carrots, snow peas and other veggies. It was excellent.

And her Basil Hayden Old Fashioned and my Tanqueray and Tonic were just right for a steamy summer evening.

Thanks to the Drexlers for bringing this place back to life. And congrats to Chef Matt Weber and his team for a job well done. We will be back soon.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Uptown Cafe re-opening July 12

by Ron Johnson » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:00 pm

We went last Friday. We were Uptown regulars, so very excited for the reboot. The new interior is updated and fresher without seeming like a big change. It will seem familiar to regulars. The menu is reliably the same with a few updates. This is not a place where you can get rid of the old favorites. Speaking of which, they had already sold out of the salmon croquettes and jagerschnitzel by 8:30 pm. The place was busy, but not totally packed. You can tell they are still struggling to fully staff the place. Our food took a while to come out, and when it did my fries were not fully cooked. that said, the bisque was as good as ever. We are very excited its back, and it will be firing on all cylinders as soon as they get staffing issues worked out. We will be regulars again.