Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Heine Bros drive-thru coming to Fern Creek

by James Natsis » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:02 pm

Heine Bros is bringing their new drive-thru only concept to Fern Creek this fall just south of the Gene Snyder where a Panera Bread is opening in a day or two. I prefer a dine-in café where I can bring in my laptop during the colder months and sip on a coffee or hot chocolate. But for the sake of the area, I'm glad they are at least bringing their concept to our neck of the woods.

As for Panera, I look forward to grabbing a baguette from time to time since there are no other baguette choices in the area. I can also have a coffee indoors when the urge strikes. The food choices have improved considerably over the years in Fern Creek. But coffee has been lagging behind. Panera will be a step up relatively speaking.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Heine Bros drive-thru coming to Fern Creek

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:46 pm

I'm actually surprised that Heine is building a drive-through only location. I can certainly understand building a combined indoor/drive-thru location I believe most people are like you and in many cases would rather go inside instead of juggling with their coffee in the car especially now that the "pandemic" is waning. That's what Starbucks has been doing with all their new locations, making them combined indoor/drive-thru.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Heine Bros drive-thru coming to Fern Creek

by James Natsis » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:00 pm

As I stated earlier, I'm not interested in swinging through a drive-thru so close to where I live. But I am interested in sitting down somewhere and enjoying a coffee while perusing the internet or reading a book. Hence, Panera will likely get some of my business.

Heine Bros is likely counting on the flow of traffic coming up from the Mt Washington area which is very significant. The Dunkin Donuts on Bardstown Rd in Mt Washington has long lines of folks jockeying for the premier coffee in the area albeit with Burger King and McDonalds nipping at their heels! Heine Bros will be a beacon of luxury in that location for the folks nearby, as well as from those coming through from further out.
James J. Natsis