Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Peach Cobbler Factory

no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Peach Cobbler Factory

by MarieP » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Not to be confused with Half-Peach Bakery... I saw on Louisville Takeout that a place specializing in peach cobbler, banana pudding, and cinnamon rolls is opening on Fri., June 4 at 805 Blankenbaker Pkwy! This is where the cookie dough place used to be. I googled it, and all I found was a place in Nashville, which may not be connected (the logo is different, but similar enough for me to be uncertain). Can't wait to try it!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Peach Cobbler Factory

by Rich S » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:47 am

The Courier Journal says this is a franchise of the Nashville business. And it's not just peach cobbler:

The Peach Cobbler Factory serves 12 kinds of cobbler, three kinds of cinnamon rolls and four types of banana pudding. Each cobbler can be served with or without ice cream for $7. Of the dozen flavors of cobbler, four are peach themed with peach, mango peach, strawberry peach, cinnamon peach praline and blackberry peach options. There's also honey apple, cherry, blackberry, strawberry and sweet potato pecan, among others.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Peach cobbler and banana pudding are my two favorite desserts. Nothing else is close. So I see a trip outside the Watterson in my future. Those trips don't happen often...with the exception of golf.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:46 pm

I prefer blackberry or raspberry cobbler, but peach is okay, too. I never tried the cookie dough place--one of my friends did, and was underwhelmed.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:I never tried the cookie dough place--one of my friends did, and was underwhelmed.

We tried it one time, it tasted okay but the price was totally ridiculous!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:08 pm

The Peach Cobbler Factory must really like this area. It's planning six more locations: downtown, Highlands, Mount Washington, Elizabethtown, Radcliff and Bardstown (no exact locations given for any of these).

According to the news release, the company has plans for more than 1,000 new locations in the next 36-48 months. That's certainly ambitious. It also reminds me of the way the Burgerim chain expanded rapidly and wound up imploding.

https://www.restaurantnews.com/the-peac ... ky-101921/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 pm

The local owners of the now-independent Burgerim in the Vogue Center managed to sail through that implosion and the pandemic, and seem to be popular. That's impressive.