Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Alchemy - now at Oxmoor Mall

no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Alchemy - now at Oxmoor Mall

by Michele Janosek » Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Had a wonderful surprise at my first visit to Oxmoor Mall since the pandemic started. Right in the center, there is a kiosk serving Venezuelan cuisine. Upon closer inspection, we were delighted to find out it is operated by the folks from Alchemy Food Truck (and formerly of Logan St Market). We grabbed some tequenos and empanadas (beef and chicken) and they were delightful! They also have tacos, burritos and bowls https://alchemylouisville.com/fridasalchemy

Apparently, they have been there for about 3 weeks and business was pretty good for 3 PM on a Thursday. We will definitely keep them in our rotation for a quick meal on the go.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Alchemy - now at Oxmoor Mall

by Robin Garr » Thu May 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Excellent! I loved their place in Middletown and will plan to head to Oxmoor pronto.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 pm

I went by Alchemy at lunchtime yesterday and picked up a chicken bowl, which was very good. I took it home and reheated it, which was fine, but I suspect it would have been even better if I had it at the mall. I’ll definitely go back to try more of the menu.

Louisville seems to be getting a bunch of Venezuelan options: In addition to Senora Arepa, which is on the verge of opening in NuLu, there’s the Los Andes food truck, which is worth trying if it comes to your area; it lists its monthly schedule on Instagram.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Rich S wrote:Senora Arepa

Another Martinez/Taco Luchador/Bodequita operation, I believe? They're going to have quite a cluster in Nulu.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Wed May 26, 2021 9:11 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Rich S wrote:Senora Arepa

Another Martinez/Taco Luchador/Bodequita operation, I believe? They're going to have quite a cluster in Nulu.

Senora Arepas is actually on the back of the Mima property. It’s the building on the backside of their patio.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 26, 2021 9:21 am

Kris Billiter wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Senora Arepas is actually on the back of the Mima property. It’s the building on the backside of their patio.

Ahh, in proper Louisville form, the place where Ghyslain used to be? :twisted:
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Wed May 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Kris Billiter wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Senora Arepas is actually on the back of the Mima property. It’s the building on the backside of their patio.

Ahh, in proper Louisville form, the place where Ghyslain used to be? :twisted:

Yes!!! I knew it began with a G but couldn’t remember the name!