Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Guaca Mole

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Guaca Mole

by Robin F. » Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Hey - I just heard that Guaca-Mole is moving, but they couldn’t remember if it’s to Nulu or the Highlands. Anyone know? Even though I think they’ve done ok in the current spot, it is hidden and you have to be going there to see it. (Or going to McDonald’s).
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Guaca Mole

by Rich S » Fri May 07, 2021 3:50 pm

It's moving to where Rye used to be -- 900 E. Market St. They filed construction plans with the city a few days ago.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Rich S wrote:It's moving to where Rye used to be -- 900 E. Market St. They filed construction plans with the city a few days ago.

That means three Ole restaurants will be located within easy walking distance! That makes it easier to manage and run, although I think the Rye space seems a lot smaller than Guac's current location?
Andrew Mellman
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat May 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Is it moving or they adding a 2nd location? A move that far would mean they were going to lose their present customer base (including us) and have to develop a completely new one.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon May 10, 2021 11:54 am

Mark R. wrote:Is it moving or they adding a 2nd location? A move that far would mean they were going to lose their present customer base (including us) and have to develop a completely new one.

I thought the same thing, but after seeing NULU this weekend I don't think they will have any problems. Every restaurant was packed. People were literally beating down the door at La Bogadita at 4:00 to get in. They were completely booked, we scored the last 2 bar seats.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon May 10, 2021 2:14 pm

That location is much more convenient to me, so, selfishly happy.
We ate at Chick'n Mi Friday night and they were busy. Went to Biscuit Belly in St. Matthews Sunday and there was a constant line until we were leaving about 1p. People are definitely eating out now. Yay, vaccinations!
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 am

I’m happy for their business, but sad too. The current location puts it in our regular rotation and we have so many memories of amazing meals. I wish them luck and hope for something good to go into that location....it’s been so many things!

My concern for the east end restaurants is growing. Springhurst is a chain graveyard, with many shuttered businesses in a row. (Steak n’ Shake, O’Charley’s, Payless shoes, Old Chicago) I guess they’re being replaced with new chains like Culver’s, Jaggers and the like.
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed May 12, 2021 10:27 am

According to a long time employee they are closing the Hurstbourne location- probably around Oct.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Guaca Mole posted some renderings of what the NuLu location will look like. It doesn't say when it will open, but I suspect it will be a while. The renderings show an addition that they haven't even built yet.

https://www.facebook.com/GuacamoleLouis ... ?__tn__=-R

Once Guaca Mole has moved, a Mexican restaurant called Tres Amigos will take over the Ormsby Station Road building. It appears to be the second location of a relatively new restaurant in Georgetown, Ky.

https://www.facebook.com/Tresamigosgeorgetown/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Hopefully this move will be delayed forever! We love going to the present location but the new location is way outside of our normal travel distances for dinner. Tres Amigos also appears to have a restaurant north of Cincinnati however by looking at their menu they don't look like there any different than all the other Americanized Mexican restaurants around town. To say that we are disappointed would be a major understatement. :(

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm

They have done what appears to be most of the digging around the side and back. They started pouring some of the foundation on the side as well. So its going to be a while. But it looks like it will be well worth it.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Tomorrow will be the last day for Guaca Mole's Ormsby Station Road location. From Instagram:

Our last day open will be New Years Eve. Our new location at 900 E Market Street will open early 2022 — keep following for all announcements and updates!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:15 pm

SAD:(

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:48 pm

On a side note, I drive part time for Lyft and picked up a couple at La Bogadita the other night and took them to the Seelbach. They were visiting from upstate New York. They were raving about their dinner and the other meals they had around town during their stay. They weren't in town for any particular reason other than they heard about Louisville's reputation as a food town and wanted to check it out.