Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Common Haus coming to Jeffersonville

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm

Posted on social media by host Roger Baylor:

https://www.rogerbaylor.com/2021/03/30/ ... rsonville/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Common Haus coming to Jeffersonville

by Rich S » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Common Haus is an interesting concept, and the area could use another German restaurant, with good German beer. That building (134 Spring St. in Jeffersonville) used to be Goodwood Brewhouse and Live Room before a fire in February 2020. Goodwood had hoped to reopen last spring, according to a Business First story at the time, but I guess the pandemic interfered with that and the brewery dropped its plans.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Count me excited. I'm a fan all 'round. I love German food and beer and I've always been a fan of Roger's ventures (I still remember Bank Street's Croque Madame). Plus, you have to appreciate a committed anti-fascist. :D
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:10 am

As recently as about 5-6 yrs ago, I had hardly even been to Jeffersonville much less eaten there. In the past few years, a walk across the Big Four Bridge on a nice afternoon or evening is a top agenda item when entertaining out-of-town guests. It is an impressive activity from the Waterfront Park on the South Side, to the crossing of the bridge, to the walking ambiance around the area, and the abundant eating options increasing by the season. The Common Haus proposal sounds awesome and so apropos to that building. I would especially like to see a tent outside selling brats to eat in front or for a continued walk.
James J. Natsis