Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Thai Chicken Mehs

User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

The Thai Chicken Mehs

by Ray Griffith » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:43 am

Is it just me, or is it that all chicken in Thai restaurant dishes the same bland reformed hunk of protein? Be it Time 4 Thai, Simply Thai, etc., I seem to have the same experience across the USA’s Thai restaurants. Is chicken for Thai and Chinese restaurants here monopolized by Sysco or their ilk? I have no complaints about the sauces and broths. i.e., I love the flavors in Time 4 Thai’s dishes.

However, I remember a chicken dish I had in Pattaya City and the chicken was like grandma’s pulled chicken.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: The Thai Chicken Mehs

by Terri Beam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:09 pm

I've never had any complaints with Sala Thai's chicken. As long as it doesn't look like chicken nuggets, I'm not too picky though. Sala Thai's is thin strips of chicken, but not to the point where it looks like pulled. I tend to like the thin, long slices of chicken to absorb more of the flavor.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: The Thai Chicken Mehs

by Steve Shade » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Boneless, skinless, white meat. BORING.

My son was in the bulk chicken selling business for a number of years. He said that a large percentage of the dark meat was sent to Asia, because most places wanted white meat.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers