Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Hog Father Pizza Shop brings pizza back to Butchertown

by Rich S » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:14 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Papalinos is back?

I don’t know if there’s anything to this, but a person commenting on Reddit says Papalinos will be opening in the next few months on the lower level of the Louisville Thoroughbred Society building, which is at 209 E. Main St. Plans were filed recently with the city to put a restaurant called “Pizza Tenant” — obviously a fake name — on the lower floor there. That building runs all the way through to Washington Street, and if you look at the Papalinos Facebook page, the new address is “Washington St.” I suspect we’ll know what the real story is soon.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:17 am

Rich S wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:Papalinos is back?

I don’t know if there’s anything to this, but a person commenting on Reddit says Papalinos will be opening in the next few months on the lower level of the Louisville Thoroughbred Society building, which is at 209 E. Main St. Plans were filed recently with the city to put a restaurant called “Pizza Tenant” — obviously a fake name — on the lower floor there. That building runs all the way through to Washington Street, and if you look at the Papalinos Facebook page, the new address is “Washington St.” I suspect we’ll know what the real story is soon.

Chef Allan Rosenberg has been at LTS recently, so I guess it'd make sense if he brought Papalino's back there as well. At least for a little while. :roll:
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Rosenberg posted he was moving to LA a few weeks ago.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:17 pm

Well, Hog Father's "temporary" closing is permanent. From the Courier Journal:

Landlord and business owner Andy Blieden said the restaurant "just didn't work."

"COVID-19 got us," Blieden said. "And we had trouble hiring people, that was the biggest problem. We still believe in Butchertown and we feel very confident that some great restaurant will come there and want to be in the neighborhood."
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:56 am

The plot thickens!
Previous