Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

EggHolic Indian restaurant

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

EggHolic Indian restaurant

by Rich S » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:00 pm

It looks like South Hurstbourne Parkway will be getting another Indian restaurant. EggHolic plans to open at 1947 S. Hurstbourne — that’s in the same shopping center as Shreeji and Jay Hind International Grocery. It’s part of the very small EggHolic chain, which has two locations in the Chicago area and one near Columbus, Ohio. The chain serves a variety of Indian egg dishes and street food. Apparently egg dishes are very popular in India, but I don’t recall seeing them at the Indian restaurants I go to. Not sure when Eggholic will open, but I expect it will be at least a couple of months.

https://www.theeggholic.com/
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: EggHolic Indian restaurant

by TP Lowe » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:58 pm

I've been to India a couple of times and I don't recall eggs being particularly of focus in the region I've visited (Mumbai only). But the menu looks fun.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Wow, this is the best concept idea for this area I've seen in years (since the Con Huevos, not coincidentally?) . Based on the pictures, I'm going to have a *very* difficult time selecting -- at least half of the options hold appeal to me. Looks like an Eagle-sized chain, but that's okay, looking forward to this one.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:34 pm

I do not see any problem with checking it out as soon as it opens. :lol:
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:01 pm

1.Shalamar
2. Patel Bros.
3. Shreeji
4. Honest Indian
5. Jay Hind

Add to the list:
6. Eggholic
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am

So, slightly off topic, but how does Jay Hind compare to Patel Bros? Patel is my go-to but now I'm always open to a new international grocery! I hadn't heard of Jay Hind before this string...
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am

So, slightly off topic, but how does Jay Hind compare to Patel Bros? Patel is my go-to but now I'm always open to a new international grocery! I hadn't heard of Jay Hind before this string...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Joni, I went to it a couple of months ago and thought it had potential. It's a big space and at the time wasn't too crowded, so spacious aisles and what looked like a ton of stuff. The guy in charge was friendly and helpful but also often let his mask slip off his nose, which was less reassuring. I haven't been to Patel for a long time so it's hard to compare, though.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Google seems to think Eggholic is open now. Anyone been by?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:59 am

Dunno, Iggy. The corporate website still lists it as "coming soon."

https://www.theeggholic.com/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Eggholic opens next week, probably Monday, and the hours will be 4-10 p.m. That's what I was told today by two guys who were working inside the restaurant. I assume the hours will eventually include lunch, since the Chicago location is open 11 a.m.-11p.m. The Louisville restaurant now has its own Facebook page, but it has very little information so far.

https://www.facebook.com/EggHolic-143521431173258/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Thanks for the report, Rich. I'm interested in checking it out, but yeah, no lunch seems like an odd choice for an eatery like that. Short staffed like just about everyone else, maybe?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Right next door to Jay Hind Indian and around the corner from Shreeji, it looks like?
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:59 am

Rich S wrote:Eggholic opens next week, probably Monday, and the hours will be 4-10 p.m. That's what I was told today by two guys who were working inside the restaurant. I assume the hours will eventually include lunch, since the Chicago location is open 11 a.m.-11p.m. The Louisville restaurant now has its own Facebook page, but it has very little information so far.

https://www.facebook.com/EggHolic-143521431173258/

It now is opening at 11. I had some of their green rice the other day. I don’t believe I’ve ever had egg paired with mint before, but I was surprised by how much I liked it.