Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Change in ownership

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Change in ownership

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:20 pm

We like Yen Ching (next door to Shalimar off Hurstbourne near I-64). It's not anywhere close to Jasmine or Oriental House in quality or class, but it's a cut above the other neighborhood little Chinese carry-out places and a dot cheaper! It is totally inconvenient to us, but whenever I take a car in to Bachman Subaru or Courtesy I do a carry-out.

Went today, and there's a sign on Hurstbourne that the "New Yen Ching" is there. They have the identical menu (75% Chinese - from all regions, with more and different spicy options than you'd normally find - and 25% Thai), plus have added a crab-boil menu with a dozen seafood add-ons plus sausage that also looks to be more reasonable than much of the competition. I asked, and they are in fact new owners.

Got carry out for dinner, and it looks and smells identical to previous trips, so if anyone is in the neighborhood I think it's worth trying, plus the new owner is as nice as the prior one was!
Andrew Mellman