Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

JW Cafe & Bakery

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

JW Cafe & Bakery

by James Natsis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 am

I stumbled across this place last year and have been there 4-5 times. Its run by Korean sisters. It has an interesting offering of Korean, French, and American pastries along with hand drip coffee and noodle dishes. Their croissants and pain au chocolate are the real deal. One of the Korean pastries, Almond Mocha cake was also outstanding. They lay the fresh pastries out front on racks from the oven in the morning. My suggestion is to grab anything out of the oven. I don't think you can go wrong.

It is located in a non- descript mini plaza at Old Henry and Terra Crossing Blvd near the Mercedes dealer.

I don't think it is well know to the community at large, but the locals are well aware of it. Its worth a special trip in my view.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: JW Cafe & Bakery

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:28 pm

Thanks for the report, James. I have to confess that I don't get out that way much and hadn't heard a peep about it. Sounds worth a stop!
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: JW Cafe & Bakery

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:09 pm

I agree with James. I was getting physical therapy at Baptist Health across the Snyder from them and found them last year, used to stop by frequently, but as it's not on any of my normal routes and I'm no longer getting PT I'm never there anymore ;-(
Andrew Mellman