Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

O'Charleys

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

O'Charleys

by Mark R. » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Just saw that the O'Charleys restaurant at Springhurst is closed effective today. Not that it surprises me but....
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: O'Charleys

by Terri Beam » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:45 pm

That leaves three open in the Louisville Metro. The one on Outer Loop closed last year (soon to be replaced by Storming Crab).

According to a news article I found, they've been quietly closing several locations. I haven't set foot in one in years, although there's no particular reason I lost interest (maybe avoiding eating a dozen yeast rolls has something to do with it).

Romano's Macaroni Grill has also bit the dust. I saw that coming from a mile away, as the reviews had been plummeting for years.

People can try to blame COVID restrictions for closing, but if restaurant operators were inept before COVID, THAT is the reason they had to close. If people are going to risk going out for food (even take out), that food and service better be good, and surprisingly, many are still botching food and service badly and are losing customers because of it.
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm

I worked at this place for about 2 years and there has been a fun thread on FB going on for all of the people who worked there talking about the memories and the friends we made because of the place. I guess it was over 20 years ago when I worked there. Wow, how time flies!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Terri Beam wrote:If people are going to risk going out for food (even take out), that food and service better be good, and surprisingly, many are still botching food and service badly and are losing customers because of it.

Exactly this. Last week, I got takeout from three local establishments I like but hadn't patronized in a while. All three times, the host handling the carryout orders forgot to get the beverages I ordered, and I had to remind them. I'm not going to put anyone on blast, because I felt like it was mere inattention and the food and drinks were otherwise good, but it does seem like some establishments are letting their guard down instead of stepping up their game.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:48 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:
Terri Beam wrote:If people are going to risk going out for food (even take out), that food and service better be good, and surprisingly, many are still botching food and service badly and are losing customers because of it.

Exactly this. Last week, I got takeout from three local establishments I like but hadn't patronized in a while. All three times, the host handling the carryout orders forgot to get the beverages I ordered, and I had to remind them. I'm not going to put anyone on blast, because I felt like it was mere inattention and the food and drinks were otherwise good, but it does seem like some establishments are letting their guard down instead of stepping up their game.

I’d give them a pass during these stressful times.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Mon May 10, 2021 11:46 am

I drove by the old O'Charley's building this morning and noticed it had a "sold" sign up. Apparently it's going to be a First Watch -- and possibly more. I found a real estate listing that shows the logos of both First Watch and LaRosa's Pizza at the O'Charley's site. The company that has franchise rights for First Watch also operates LaRosa's franchises, and it already has one building in Lexington that houses both restaurants. If LaRosa's does open there, I guess it would be the first Louisville location.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm

I wonder what might go in the old Chicago spot? Anybody heard?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm

I wonder if that's the same pizza place that was in Cincinnati when I lived there 21 years ago.
We called it 'La Gross-a's Pizza' :-P
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Wed May 12, 2021 9:05 pm

LaRosa's is like Bearnos, except half as good. They were the ones that gave a free 10" pizza when the Reds would win and get ten strikeouts (I know, because I cashed one of those tickets). That was about all they were good for. Not a great addition to the pizza scene.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:14 pm

The old O'Charley's building really is going to become both First Watch and LaRosa's Pizza. Apparently they won't be physically connected, though; they'll have separate restrooms. I would assume that if they're going to open one LaRosa's in Louisville, they plan to open more. I'm not sure how well they'll compete, considering how much good pizza we have already.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Rich S wrote:The old O'Charley's building really is going to become both First Watch and LaRosa's Pizza. Apparently they won't be physically connected, though; they'll have separate restrooms. I would assume that if they're going to open one LaRosa's in Louisville, they plan to open more. I'm not sure how well they'll compete, considering how much good pizza we have already.

I certainly agree and based on Steve's post I would think they would do well at all. Did you mean they will share restrooms instead of have separate restrooms? I would think that was going to be an awfully big building just for 1st Watch.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Mark R. wrote:Did you mean they will share restrooms instead of have separate restrooms?

No, each restaurant will have its own restrooms. I assume that makes it easier if one of the restaurants closes in the future and they have to find a different tenant for that space.