Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What happened to 4 Seasons?

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

What happened to 4 Seasons?

by Kim H » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 am

James Natsis's post about the Buechel ethnic mile had me questioning why he didn't include 4 Seasons (great post, btw!). I got concerned, and rightly so, because when I went to look them up, I discovered they are permanently closed. I was so very sad to learn this. Does anyone know what happened? Was it covid fallout? Retirement? We were planning to get carryout from them in the next week or so. Very disappointed.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: What happened to 4 Seasons?

by Richard S. » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:42 pm

The Bulgarian place? I'd consider that Fern Creek, not Buechel.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Richard S. wrote:The Bulgarian place? I'd consider that Fern Creek, not Buechel.

I suppose you're right, I guess my mind was just classifying things that were further out Bardstown Road. But I still wonder what happened to them.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 pm

The father got very sick and ended up in the hospital. Basically, only two people running it most of the time and the father was the chef. One waitress (maybe his daughter). I know they were planning to reopen, but never heard if the father died or could not come back for health reasons.

I live fairly close and went often. Good food and service.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers